Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-23-2012, 09:51 PM
Sarnak

Default Error starting up

Hey guys, my friend started trying to get on p1999 today. He installed Titanium, then ran Duxa's installer, and is using the "eq emu launcher" (I have never heard of this, I just made a shortcut from eqgame etc etc.) and he clicks play then it says "Everquest windows application error the instruction at 0x02e2f02ce referred memory at 0xffffffffc. the memory could not be read" and ofcourse EQ then closes.

He is on Windows 7, with a sony Vaio laptop. Here are the specs.
CPU- Intel(r) Core i5 2430m
Video Card - Intel(r) HD graphics family

Model - VPCEG27FM

Project 1999 Red
Old 03-23-2012, 10:45 PM
Orc

friend of mine is having similar problem, he just did a fresh install today, and did all the adding/removing files, and he can't even start the game w/o getting the unable to write memory or something error, from what i've read its the fullscreen issue alot of other people have had, but no one posts how to fix it =(
Old 03-23-2012, 11:18 PM
Sarnak

Maybe it's an incompatible resolution? He won't be back till tomorrow morning but I'll try to see if changing the resolution or running it windowed will help anything.

Project 1999 Red
Old 03-24-2012, 10:18 AM
Orc

i had friend drop his reso down to 800x600 and still no go, he says when he starts it, screen blinks a few times, then he gets the error, only fix i've thought of so far is wineq, but its a newer version then what i'm use to and he says it requires a login name through the company that makes it, which is new to me, we even set it to windowed mode in his eqclient.ini and same thing. outside of that i can't think of any other way to force it into windowed mode =(
Old 03-24-2012, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

Don't use duxa. I ran into the same problem and just installed everything manually (didn't take long) and it worked. What I do if i have a friend who wants to start playing is i copy my entire EQ folder and then i just make a new shortcut on his comp
Old 03-24-2012, 01:43 PM
Orc

dont believe my friend used that, did it the manual way of install titanium, remove said files, install eqchanges and ui changes, and chance eqhost other then that nothin else has been done to it
Old 03-24-2012, 02:13 PM
Sarnak

My friend and I have tried both ways, first the manual way, didn't work so we wiped it. Then we tried Duxa's way, and it is still giving the same error. I have seen posts on forums about similar problems happening with laptops, some people say reinstalling works, some say reset your cmos, some say reseat your RAM(If you're on a desktop) and some say the resolution.

So as far as I'm gathering a few various things that have worked are:
-Setting displays as low as possible(shadows, effects, etc. People with AMD gfx cards especially have had some problems)
-Setting resolution lower (800x600 imo is overkill, it should run at 1024x768 without issue.)
-Resetting your CMOS
-Re-seating your RAM
-If you're on windows 7 or vista, run in compatibility for XP SP3. I hope one of these helps you, me and my friend are gonna try these out when he gets back online.

Project 1999 Red
Old 03-24-2012, 02:21 PM
Orc

lemme know if any of those work for you, i'll try some more troubleshootin with my friend when we get off work tonight, hopefully we can get his up and runnin soon, gotta get his warrior levelin =P
Old 03-27-2012, 07:05 PM
Orc

btw, we got it fixed using the duxa thing, now he can play no prob >.< just had to force it into windowed