Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

Oh my god! I didn't realize this was so far along. That screenshot looks awesome! How playable is the server right now?
Old 10-06-2014, 04:44 PM
Kobold

You guys are awesome. I really don't know how you would even start these EMU projects. I bet it requires a lot of programming skill.

Vanguard was one my favorite MMOs. But from the get-go it was ruined. It was the most disappointing MMOs for me. Because it was the one MMO I wanted to get into but just couldn't see past all of the mistakes.

If this EMU takes off I will almost certainly try to get my own server up and running.

Good luck!
Old 10-06-2014, 06:38 PM
Kobold

Haven't they already shut down live?

Anyway, I would be more interested in creating a custom content vanguard server.
Old 10-07-2014, 07:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkaan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haven't they already shut down live?

Anyway, I would be more interested in creating a custom content vanguard server.
Yeah live was shut down July 31st. I agree. I don't think the server should completely emulate the live server. There were too many ill-conceived ideas that were implemented the last few years. It would be awesome to see them take out all rifts except the big cities. Travel became very trivial in VG, and that wasn't a good thing. Also, custom crafting content would be awesome. Such a neglected sphere of the game. Those are the first two things that popped into my head. There are dozens more I'm sure.
Old 10-24-2014, 01:23 PM
Aviak

Quote from another board about chunking and my response.

Quote:
I wouldn't get my hopes up that the chunking problem can be fixed, even if these guys are the most awesome amateur dev team around.
The root cause is that Sigil used an engine that wasn't built around seamless, open-world environments, and they did a terrible job trying to make it work.
Yup but what we can do is try to make chunking as quick and painless as possible one way is we are only going to send about 1/2 the packets live sent when chunking.
For instance every time you chunked in live it resent the entire marketplace to the client and for some reason it doubled other packets for no apparent reason i can find as of right now.

Volt is making good progress with npc dialog interaction.
dialog_component_overview.jpg

Here is the latest commits.
Code:
r741
Couple fixes to HotButton table and code, added some Debug loggers
!! New vgo_world.sql !!
Many opcodes added to match Xinux's structs work
---------------------
r740
more structs
---------------------
r739
NPC dialogs "step 1-snapshot"
- Improved the behavior for merchant, [house]escrow merchant and repair merchant options: The issue with the options required to be pressed twice is solved. 
Instead a merchant's window will now be displayed (every time).
- Known issue: "Your target is not interested in transacting with you" will be displayed twice in chat when closing the merchant's window.
- vgo_world_delta.sql deleted.
---------------------
r738
and even more structs for volt :)
---------------------
r737
added more structs
---------------------
r736
Re-commit of vgo_world.sql - accidentally saved script_id = 1 :(
---------------------
r735
Updating public SVN binary with linux fixes (just in case!)
---------------------
r734
new opcode
---------------------
r733
Linux fixes
---------------------
r732
Merged delta sql into vgo_world.sql !! Need at least the new opcodes and character_hotbar tables - nothing else changed !!
---------------------
r731
- Added temporary handlers for merchant, trainer, instructor, banker, taskmaster, altar, escrow merchant, broker and repair merchant dialog options. The NPC's will respond! though not yet according to live behavior.
- Known issue: These three options will often require being pressed twice to function and will also still cause error messages in WS console: merchant, [house]escrow merchant and repair merchant.
- vgo_world_delta.sql contains queries needed to update the vgo_world db (added to queries for previous releases) (I will remove this file later on since it turned out to be more confusing than helpful).
---------------------
r730
Changed icon_id from unsigned to signed
---------------------
r729
vgo_world_delta.sql: Added queries to merge into vgo_world db, to support rev 726 hotbar functionality (please remove or clear vgo_world_delta.sql file when merged).
---------------------
r728
New structs for dialog handler
---------------------
r727
New opcodes.sql
---------------------
r726
- Hotbar now creates,update,delete and send the hotkeys when loading
- Changes some elements of hotbar struct fron uint to int
- Added in opcodes for the handlers regarding npc interaction

See post for queries http://vgoemulator.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=944&p=7606#p7606
---------------------
r725
- Hailing or left-clicking NPC's will make appropriate NPC's open their default dialog.
- Hailing or left-clicking NPC's will make appropriate NPC's give their voice greetings.
- Left-clicking an attackable NPC will toggle autoattack (this is an interrim implementation, later on you will not be able to turn of autoattack in this way).
- New file vgo_world_delta.sql contains queries needed to update the vgo_world db (please remove this file when this is merged with the main file).
---------------------
r724
Fix for Chat Tells:
- Previously, sending a tell informed the sending client that they had sent a tell to their own character's name.
The receiving player still gets the tell, it was a cosmetic issue.
---------------------
r723
Fix to the filter packets with the same sequence number: Now using Client::client_sequence for this. This should fix (at least one) issue with partial connections.
---------------------
r722
MasterSpawnList Continuation:
- Renamed a few functions:
  - Load* functions involve querying the database to grab new spawn data for the spawn structs (Master Spawn List).
  - Init* functions involve building/instantiating the spawn objects from the information in the spawn structs, upon request from the chunk/command process.
- Added Blocking to .reload commands so 2 players cannot reload the Master Spawn List at the same time.
- Started to add Mutex support to Init* functions, but this is not complete. Includes adding more Mutex support to the spawn classes.
- Added functions for Init*ing the rest of the spawn types (previous was only for NPCs). TODO is to create the commands to call these functions.
---------------------
r721
Rework of Master Spawn List and respawning:
- LoadNPCAppearances and LoadNPCAttachments loads in bulk query, rather than 1 query for each spawn_id
- .reload spawns now has a sub-sub-command: "all". .reload spawns will reload for the current chunk ONLY, .reload spawns all will reload the entire spawn list. There are a lot of optimizations available for this. 
Reloading a chunk's spawns is actually slower than reloading the whole server, but possibly less intrusive to other chunks. Optimizations will make this much faster.
There is currently no thread protection in place: If 2 people reload spawns at the same time, bad things will likely happen.
---------------------
r720
Linux fixes
---------------------
r719
Added Logging to help resolve the Dropped Character/Chunk Client issue.
Changed how WorldCharacter objects are created for Character Select screen, so unneeded objects aren't created and then destroyed.
---------------------
r718
Added command ".spawn details", basic implementation - WIP
command_id 23: http://vgoemulator.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=7550#p7550
Added GetPointsValue() to SGOUnrealPawn class to show the spawn's "dots" in details
Fixed a few loggers in Commands.cpp
Fixed some client print colors.
---------------------
r717
added two structs for volt
---------------------
r716
fixed OP_ClientAccessObject
---------------------
r715
Adjustments to HotBar code http://vgoemulator.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=944#p7478
---------------------
r714
Some fixes to get things compiling on Linux.
---------------------
r713
Activated the Command Access system.
* Players now need to have their `characters`.`command_access` column set to match the values in your `commands`.`command_access` column.
* Default access for all commands is "A" for all access.
---------------------
r712
Implemented basic .chunk commands:
  chunk details - displays info about the current chunk
  chunk set safe - updates the start location (safe locs) of the current chunk to your character position/rotation
---------------------
r711
Added adding and deleting hot keys 
Need to add the new sql table http://vgoemulator.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=944
currently loading at startup is not implemented
---------------------
r710
Committing new vgo_world.sql for rev 709 code. Deleted spawn_tables.sql temporary file (tables are in vgo_world.sql now). 
---------------------
r709
CampTimers.cpp: extended logging WorldDatabase.cpp: small fix to log message
---------------------
r708
Private code submit for rev 707.
---------------------
r707
World:
+ Implemented basic /bug reporting system - Table required from this post: http://vgoemulator.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=7442#p7442
+ Continued work on PatchServer integration, but stuck on workflow - WIP

Compiled public binary for push to Public SVN
---------------------
r706
Added a few Lokked commands he was working on, all temp/test stuff - just wanted to reserve the handlers. !! Requires SQL from this post: http://vgoemulator.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=7437#p7437 for rev 704+
---------------------
r705
Fixed logging category "LUA".
---------------------
r704
Commands handler revamp; starting with handler ID 1
Fixed some subcommand implementations
Added logger to debug commands being executed by players in-game
!! Must source the `commands` table info from this post! !!
http://vgoemulator.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=7437#p7437
---------------------
r703
UDPServer::HandlePacketBunch: Improved console log message.
---------------------
r702
Added filter of consecutive 03 packets with the same sequence number in UDPServer::HandlePacketBunch. This is needed since the client sometimes sends duplicate 03 packets with OP_ClientAuthConfirm and more.
---------------------
r701
Removed some unnecessary {} and some extra spacing.
---------------------
r700
***Implementation of new UnrealChannel architecture
This allows more than 1024 Open/Close channel operations to be performed, per chunk. Previously, if more than 1024 Open/Close channel requests were processed by 
the server, the server would not properly reuse previously used channels and stop replicating spawns to the Client.
IMPORTANT: UnrealPlayerController has been hardcoded to Channel 2 and the Sequence Numbers of the 2 Reliable Packets sent (the Open packet and Function 67) are hardcoded to 1 and 2.
The SGOPCPawn representing the client's player has been hardcoded to Channel 3 and the Sequence of the 1 Reliable Packet (the Open packet) is hardcoded to 1.

Other Changes:
- Adventure Level for NPCs will randomize between the values in the DB for gamplay_level_low and _high.
- Renamed a mispelling in character.h
- Added Xinux's AFK code.
- Added a possible measure for detecting Double JOINs (and hence, duplicate avatar appearances). Logging included for when this is prevented, just so we know it's working.
- Cleaned up WorldDatabase.cpp. Nothing changed, just removed some comments.
- NPC Attachments are sent in the same packet as the Open Channel packet. This is as was done on Live. Previous, we sent attachments in their own packets.
- Removed Range Check Logging from Combat.cpp. Console doesn't need to be spammed.
---------------------
r699
added in structs for volt
---------------------
r698
Little more progress on PatchServer:
+ Added override check in Main world loop (so your worlds are not erroring trying to connect to a patcher that doesn't yet exist)
+ DB Version added to Version.h
+ PS_OP's added for talk between world and patcher 
+ Added temp logging and a fake disconnect to test "complete" steps
+ Updated vgemu-patch.xml and vgemu-world.xml slightly

Note: Devs, to see a sample flow, run Login, Patcher, then World with the <patchserver /> tag set to "always". Otherwise, World's Main loop will skip trying to connect (default for now). 
No vgo-patch db is needed at this time, though you might create an empty one to avoid PatchServer.exe errors.
---------------------
r697
changed unknown to option in OP_ClientDialogOptionSelected
---------------------
r696
Committing a little more PatchServer work before code gets too far out of sync
Current state of PatchServer binary is it will listen for worlds, but do nothing yet.
Notes:
  New <patchserver /> XML in vgemu-world.xml - ignore it for now
  Code in world/Main.cpp commented out so the attempt to connect to PatchServer will not occur
  Updated project files for World and Patcher 

---------------------
r695
Fixes (might be changed again by Lokked's upcoming commits) to spawn_id and NPC adventure_level.
---------------------
Old 10-24-2014, 02:10 PM
Planar Protector

Vanguard was awesome. It was done in by an early release with a ton of bugs. Definitely the closest to EQ any other mmo has gotten.
Old 10-24-2014, 02:22 PM
Sarnak

Super excited for this, what version of the game will it be? I only ask cause I hated that noobie island they added in near the end, would love to have races start together as they did in the beginning. Other than that I'm all for having the latest content.

Either way I'll be playing this ASAP.

Project 1999 Red
Old 10-24-2014, 03:11 PM
Aviak

This is great to see this coming along. EQ, EQOA and VG were my top 3.
Old 10-24-2014, 03:56 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTr33z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Super excited for this, what version of the game will it be? I only ask cause I hated that noobie island they added in near the end, would love to have races start together as they did in the beginning. Other than that I'm all for having the latest content.
At this point we have only briefly talked about how we are going to release content so nothing has been set in stone yet. Now as for the starting locations Isle of Dawn will still be there but you can also start at your race starting zone instead if you want.
Old 10-24-2014, 05:30 PM
Sarnak

Cool, fair enough. PC is down at the moment due to a dead PSU but I'm ordering one today, and will be gettin on VG Emu soon as it arrives.

See you guys there!

Project 1999 Red
Closed Thread