Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 04:05 AM
VIP / Contributor

/target Ebola
/duel

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 10-13-2014, 07:32 AM
Planar Protector

ebola reached dallas because of all the hypocrit christian people praising jesus while in their private time googling for underage teen sex videos, jesus never allowed this, jesus will have his vengeance

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If a nurse from Dallas is infected from Ebola after taking care of Duncan Thomas, we could be in for it.
Utter nonsense.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:58 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-13-2014, 09:47 AM
Planar Protector

Based on all knowledge I have gained about nurses via the internet, it doesn't surprise me in the least that one of them caring for the Ebola patient got it too. I mean, all that dick sucking has to be high risk.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:01 PM
Planar Protector

Seriously, I'd be more concerned if it were not a healthcare worker. I was expecting this, and I wouldn't be surprised if she were not the only one.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

Heard it on the Rush Limbaugh show that the nurses aren't being given proper training. Hard to keep yourself safe if you don't know what not to do. You don't know what you don't know.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Last edited by Nuggie; 10-13-2014 at 01:34 PM..
Old 10-13-2014, 05:05 PM
Kobold

I'm more concerned that a BSN educated nurse is now ill, because I know she has been educated regarding precautions at a significantly higher level than the nursing assistant in Spain must have been. I wonder if we'll find out what the specific break in protocol was, or if it is unknown.

It seems like exposure likely occurred while removing the PPE. Nurses are taught in which order to remove these items, but its still a very dangerous point in time from an exposure standpoint.

It does seem as if nurses are stating they do not feel as if there is enough being discussed within their hospitals. I hope that differs in the ER dept. In a med-surg dept we haven't gotten much past "we have a plan" and basic discussion on which types of precautions would be followed.

I keep reading in various links about BSL levels and how Ebola is BSL-4, suits, tape, omg, etc. This isn't all that applicable from a direct health care perspective, its a microbiology classification. Ebola is level 4 because it is lethal and exotic and can be aerosolized, with no treatment or vaccine. Yes, this means there are few labs suited to handle the virus and the precautions are lengthy. This doesn't mean the same setup microbiologists use when studying Ebola in the lab are necessary in a patient care scenario -- that's where routes of transmission come in. Reading a lot of freaking out over wrist tape between gowns and gloves, etc. Two different scenarios.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:51 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I lean towards the infection coming from a training deficiency and that being not well versed in removal of potentially contaminated suits.

If I can remove an anti-contamination suit with a rifle and sidearm and do so without once getting the potentially radioactive contaminated suit outside of the rad-con area, how can a nurse not properly remove her PPE? Hell, our military personnel can do this with combat load when dealing with their CBR suits. Training deficiency; nothing more and nothing less. That was the protocol that was broken; improper removal of PPE.

Stop fear mongering; next up, ISIS will be performing at a mall near you. SMH
Old 10-13-2014, 11:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They called me crazy when I made this picture. (the voices in my head)

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Way to infect Norrath with Ebola, at least it will wipe out the Tier'dal first.
Closed Thread