Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 02:00 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Does this server have more casual players then EQ Live did?

What I am getting at is when I played EQ Live I used to group for 4 to 6 hours at one time. Now that I am married, with two small kids, a full time job, and rental properties I no longer have the 4 to 6 hours in one sitting like I did back then. There for, I am doing fairly well if I can get 2 solid hours of nonstop playtime.

So I guess my real question is how long does the average player spend in a group on this server in one setting? Am I to tied down / casual to group on this server?

I was going to play a cleric but they are very group dependent. My second choice would be a shaman and then a bard. All three are group classes but only the later two can solo well at later levels. If its going to be hard to only group for short amounts of time on this server then I think it might be better to go with one of the later. However if there are a lot of players on this server in the same boat as I am. Then may be it would be ok to play the cleric who can’t group for very long periods of time.

I am asking you all because this server has been around for over a year and I am just now looking into playing on this server after not playing EQ for over five years.

Thanks for you time.

Tonden Ockay
Old 12-15-2010, 02:08 PM
Fire Giant

I've never seen it drop below 200 at the most off peak times. If you play bard or cleric you should have no problems finding a group. Higher levels can be harder but the 1-30 group scene is bumpin.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:58 PM
Large Rat

I'm sure there's going to be people who get pissy if you can't spend 4+ hours on an exp group, but that's their problem, not yours. just be upfront and say "yo, I've got about an hour or two" when you join a group, and it would never hurt to try and find a replacement shortly before you have to leave.

I'm new and have very casual playtimes myself, so if you ever want to chill and duo with a necro just shoot me a tell. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-15-2010, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

I would say play whatever you want. A lot of people would love to group with a Cleric even if it's for short periods. I'm also in the same boat as you, the only classes that I will most likely never play is Warrior and Rogue simply because they can't solo for shit. While I love Melee classes and I have a level 21 Monk, but between having to get a bind from someone else and corpse runs, any melee class can get old real quick.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:17 PM
Orc

People wont mind if you only have an hour or so to group. That's plenty of time.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:54 PM
Kobold

I think the only reason people would be annoyed is because losing the cleric would put the entire group on hold unlike losing a DPS player.

Of course you could make it all good by finding a rep before taking off.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:00 PM
Fire Giant

Sable, you don't happen to be the same guy that played WoW as a mage on Cenarius by the same name do you?
Old 12-15-2010, 04:05 PM
Large Rat

nope, sorry! I've never played WoW.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:07 PM
Fire Giant

Lame, it would be way cooler if you were. He was a pretty awesome dude. His awesomeness now makes you look less awesome by comparison. Sorry.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:10 PM
Large Rat

oh man, this is the first time I've been retroactively de-awesomed because of some dude who plays WoW. guess I'm gonna have to do some kind of 80's training montage to get my groove back