Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 05:14 PM
Sarnak

So. Never done any TS ever really hehe. Whats the TS cap?
Old 09-02-2015, 05:20 PM
Sarnak

I never had much problem with pottery. It only got terrible when I had to do lined/sealed vials. A significant amount of combines without skillups
Old 09-02-2015, 06:15 PM
Fire Giant

tradeskills are always streaky.. you'll have 3-4 skillups in a row, and then nothing for a while

get your int/wis as high as possible and settle in for the long haul while you wistfully dream of tradeskilling in world of warcraft
Old 09-02-2015, 06:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadblock [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It still seems too difficulty to skill up, I gave the first 80 medium jar combines a try this today with an 85 int bard and only got from skill 0 to 9 during that time...
85 int is an incredibly low # to expect to see any noticeable difference in your skill up % chances.
Old 09-03-2015, 03:32 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
85 int is an incredibly low # to expect to see any noticeable difference in your skill up % chances.
I know but what I was wondering was if a character playing back in 1999 could expect to level their pottery regardless of their characters highest mindstat within the quantities of mats listed on the wiki, and if so, why is p99's pottery skill harder to raise and are any of the other trade skills harder than they should be.

One of the guides on the eqtraders website lists quantities even lower than these but nothing about recommended classes or int/wis levels. Hasn't been edited since 04/2003 either. My whole angle is that one of the classes pottery is of the biggest use to is rogues and the class isn't known for high wis/int.

http://www.eqtraders.com/articles/ar...r=040090000000
Old 09-03-2015, 10:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadblock [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know but what I was wondering was if a character playing back in 1999 could expect to level their pottery regardless of their characters highest mindstat within the quantities of mats listed on the wiki, and if so, why is p99's pottery skill harder to raise and are any of the other trade skills harder than they should be.

One of the guides on the eqtraders website lists quantities even lower than these but nothing about recommended classes or int/wis levels. Hasn't been edited since 04/2003 either. My whole angle is that one of the classes pottery is of the biggest use to is rogues and the class isn't known for high wis/int.

http://www.eqtraders.com/articles/ar...r=040090000000
Most of those number lists are based off of 255 wis/int or higher, considering those caps were removed and people tradeskilling now have closer to 500+ wis/int.

Trying to approach the same tradeskill with only 95 wis/int.... I would say you're going to need 3-4 times the components. If not more.
<Divinity>
Old 09-03-2015, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

I have 7 toons with 130ish in pottery. Also have another toon with over 150 in everything. I didnt notice anything different between pottery and the other tradeskills. Also i never did any trade skilling with less then 150 int/wis
Old 09-03-2015, 01:00 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have 7 toons with 130ish in pottery. Also have another toon with over 150 in everything. I didnt notice anything different between pottery and the other tradeskills. Also i never did any trade skilling with less then 150 int/wis
You won't really start to notice it until skill ~175 and up
Old 09-03-2015, 01:53 PM
Sarnak

The nice thing about int/wis and tradeskills is that it scales linearly. Doubling your int will double your chance to get a skillup.
Old 09-03-2015, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pane_AK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You won't really start to notice it until skill ~175 and up
People in this thread are talking about skills 0-100. They arent talking about 175+ skill. I'm giving my finding on what i saw while i was skilling up toons in the same skill range they are complaining about. Yes its obvious the higher your skill the longer between skillups(reference my 2 300 in all tradeskill toons on live) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]