Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 10:25 AM
Aviak

Something has to happen after Velious, classic or not. Stagnation is server death.

It will honestly start to set in long before Velious content has run its course if the devs don't state a plan. When you're in a situation like that you start to get the feeling, "well pretty soon this is going to be as far as I can ever take this character, what's the point?"

My thoughts on the subject. Years away anyway.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:36 AM
Fire Giant

Velious is a looonnnnggg way away. Half the expansion is bosses that have to be tuned and scripted quests / events. The content devs still have VP to finish and epic quests to implement here before they start on that stuff.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:43 AM
Banned

And velious is not short dude...There is a LOT to do, and to do it takes a while. By the time every tank has an SoD it'll be june 2012
Old 05-10-2011, 10:54 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Something has to happen after Velious, classic or not. Stagnation is server death.

It will honestly start to set in long before Velious content has run its course if the devs don't state a plan. When you're in a situation like that you start to get the feeling, "well pretty soon this is going to be as far as I can ever take this character, what's the point?"

My thoughts on the subject. Years away anyway.
Agree. But then again I don't think The Devs ever planned for this server to be anything but a "brief" reminiscence of the classic experience. TBH the only thing I remember from that other thread was one of them mentioning the possibility of creating custom content, but then it wouldn't be classic anymore. Since we don't know how they feel about the subject, I think it's a little pointless to speculate. Should just enjoy the ride while we can.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:56 AM
Kobold

Conversation threads like this help build the future as well. I am very much new to classic eq (was introduced to EQ with Scars of Velious and stayed till PoP) and am enjoying very much.

But the best way to move forward is to develop consensus among the users who are enjoying the server. Great conversation here.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiffDaemon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
RSS and MPG were in OoW, not GoD [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I loved Omens - great expansion.
GoD sucked metric arse in that case if its the one with all the shit names and broken raid zones. Kod taz vanishing mobs etc.

If you were going to add anything from later EQ it would be path to person. Just for everyone, not as an LAA.
Last edited by Motec; 05-10-2011 at 11:11 AM..
Old 05-10-2011, 11:11 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motec [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
GoD sucked metric arse in that case if its the one with all the shit names and broken raid zones. Kod taz vanishing mobs etc.
Hahahaha yep, that's GoD. I never got to raid any of those places since I joined my guild after they had finished; but, I solo'ed there a lot with my Mage, and my experiences weren't pleasant. ...... though it was quite the rush soloing Turtles in the temple to get the Heavy Water for my 1.5. I'm really missing my Mage right now.......
Old 05-10-2011, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

As for the future:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the majority* of players here believe classic-Velious had the right idea.

Luclin onward.. I just can't get onboard with. I played the expansions up to like omens of war. It was all right, but mostly just a big waste of my time.

I'd rather have a completely custom game after Velious than rebuild that fail. Cats on the moon not happening on my watch.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:22 AM
Kobold

^ That makes me so warm inside
Old 05-10-2011, 03:50 PM
Aviak

I liked PoP. It made a lot of things that were in classic irrelevant. I liked the fact that you could choose whatever race you wanted. Before then, you basically needed to be an ogre or troll if you were a tanking class.
Closed Thread