Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 09:54 AM
Kobold

Default Easy groups in the twenties

Spent yesterday camped out in Unrest. It was unpleasant. The people were nice, fun to group with, and the xps were flowing, when we were playing. Most of my night was spent dealing with other groups trains, and one of our own.

Not what I'm looking for.

On live I used to level up in High Hold. Gnolls, Orcs then Goblins. If we wiped there it was our own fault. Is that viable here? Are there groups to find?

Is there somewhere else where people group through their twenties? Maybe down in Kunark? I never did much levelling down there.

Advice?
Old 05-16-2017, 09:56 AM
Orc

Highkeep is usually populated.
Old 05-16-2017, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

Head to LoIO my friend
Old 05-16-2017, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

MM pond is where it is at.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 05-16-2017, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

MM's always packed and I personally dislike sitting around LFG for more than 15 minutes. If you stick it out you can find a group there. Highhold pass has had plenty of traffic these days, though you will find plenty are soloing. Don't be afraid to team up with the soloers, though!

LOIO is definitely solo city around the windmills, but you can probably also hunt soloers down and group up if you wished.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 05-16-2017, 01:41 PM
Banned

Upper guk will take you almost to lvl 30. Then zone to lower guk and that will take you to 50.

The zone is so big and supports probably 25+ people.
Old 05-16-2017, 02:36 PM
Planar Protector

If you find you want a solo spot, where you can afk when you need to without aggro issues, SK is great. Many many spots to lvl, from 20-41.

I usually do aviaks at KFC far south of SK zone, you can sell to the vendor on most class/races right where you kill mobs at, they drop gems/spells/bronze weaps... And you can afk on the levels of KFC I never had trouble.

Only on my ogre warr was I KOS to aviaks, but other classes/races it was safe spot. The aviaks give great xp, are easy to kill. Can go all the way to 41 if you wanted here.

I realize you said group, but just pointing you to a spot you can go solo if no groups are available for you.

If you got a group to travel, head into Paw which is in the middle of SK. It's great xp, and fun to dungeon-crawl through, if you want a challenge go deeper past doors.
Old 05-17-2017, 03:18 AM
Fire Giant

If you can get some people to go to sol a with you, it's great xp and money for the level range.
Old 05-17-2017, 03:27 AM
Planar Protector

I'd look up the "bard diet" on the P99 wiki if you want to solo and hate bards/good races.

Other than that, as mentioned.... Highkeep, Mistmoore (if you can get a group), Lake of Ill Omen (goblin ruins/windmill then sarnak fort), Upper Guk if you can find people and can navigate it, SolA (bring your own group).

Maybe a shout for South Karana (KFC/aviak area)?
Old 05-17-2017, 03:37 AM
Planar Protector

Sol A is great. Try not to drown in lava, let SoWd mobs run or have wall healers nearby.

I like to fight to the foreman room and kill mobs near the twin zonelines there.

Bar is the more conventional group camp in the area.

Highpass while good is often camped by high levels (orc side) but gnolls are good too. The Polished Granite Tomahawk makes a great off hand weapon at the lower levels. There is a +str shield with decent AC that drops from that camp too. To seal the deal, gnoll scalps can be turned in for marginal xp + faction. Accessible from the commonlands hub too.

Soloing, the top floors of kurns are okay for the very early 20s. Gargoyles in Ocean of Tears yield decent xp and loot from around level 21 (the mobs are 19). Always leave at least one gargoyle up before you leave or you risk the island repopping as boring greater skeletons. Najena has lots of undead and some ogres that are good to solo until the early 30s. Not great for a full group though.
Closed Thread