Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 05:07 PM
Kobold

Paladin's dps comes largely from auto attack, which can be very dull. With the right equipment you'll fair well... however with the right equipment other classes tend to fair better.

During Velious I saw a Paladin with a Fungi and Primal Velium Claidhmore do very well. At lv60 (with that beautiful HoT heal and group heal) he rocked a handful of players and soloed some impressive stuff. Some pvpers tend to ignore paladins, not so much in fear but knowing the fight will most likely take longer than they care to be around for.
Apollyus - Level 50 Ogre Shaman <Kingdom>
Old 09-10-2011, 05:30 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5BAMF [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Paladin's dps comes largely from auto attack, which can be very dull. With the right equipment you'll fair well... however with the right equipment other classes tend to fair better.

During Velious I saw a Paladin with a Fungi and Primal Velium Claidhmore do very well. At lv60 (with that beautiful HoT heal and group heal) he rocked a handful of players and soloed some impressive stuff. Some pvpers tend to ignore paladins, not so much in fear but knowing the fight will most likely take longer than they care to be around for.
Ruh roh
Old 09-10-2011, 05:53 PM
Fire Giant

Fist is right about hybrid mana on vztz and I heard it is client side so unless dev do something like increase hyrid mana requirement on all spelss by like 15% I wouldnt be surprised to see it on r99. A well geared paladin does well in big fights since they can last for a while. Alfrid on tz seemed to do well but yeah they arent great finishers like sk
Old 09-10-2011, 05:59 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xebekn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ruh roh
Yes, a paladins maximum dps comes from auto attack, unless you're praising Flame of Light? I had assumed it wouldn't be necessary to point out that majority of melee pvp tactics involve jousting, including the paladin.
Apollyus - Level 50 Ogre Shaman <Kingdom>
Old 09-10-2011, 06:00 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5BAMF [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, a paladins maximum dps comes from auto attack, unless you're praising Flame of Light? I had assumed it wouldn't be necessary to point out that majority of melee pvp tactics involve jousting, including the paladin.
Just picking at you bro. VZTZ hoard loves to jump on people who use AA. See: AAStein. Just feeding the trolls, nothing to see here.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:22 PM
Planar Protector

If melee damage, mana pools and resists reflect those of live, Paladins will be pretty unpopular old world.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Paladin = sick with Mith 2 hander.

If you roll with a cleric pal, you two will stun/root lock pals in Lguk for the win.

SKs are weak sauce against a paladin. The problem you'll have with a paladin is most likely going to be Rogues and Monks with super high MR.
hahha monk or rogue hohohoo the pvp champ would grab them and hurl them off a mountain
Old 09-10-2011, 08:21 PM
Planar Protector

didn't tarwine own every great melee on vztz not long ago?

Saw many videos bros.

or was that a coding issue? haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD
"I will honor those who honor Me, but those who despise Me will be disgraced." HCSB 1 Samuel 2:30
Old 09-10-2011, 08:27 PM
Fire Giant

Vztz paladin had increaed mana, hot,high accuracy that a classic kunark paladin would not of had. I expect hybrids to be the most different on red compared to vztz
Last edited by Lasher; 09-10-2011 at 08:30 PM..
Old 09-10-2011, 08:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Vztz paladin had increaed mana, hot,high accuracy that a classic kunark paladin would not of had
roger that

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD
"I will honor those who honor Me, but those who despise Me will be disgraced." HCSB 1 Samuel 2:30
Closed Thread