Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Banned

all you need is full resist gear, epic, all loot from phara dar, air 40% haste belt and you will be very good at healing sniperfire while he circles around you.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiegi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is not true. for a decent amount of time on live spells did full damage.
caster dmg was reduced by 20% around september 99?
Old 09-11-2011, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiegi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is not true. for a decent amount of time on live spells did full damage.
You might be right, but they patched it quickly.

There's no way they'll do 100% spell damage here. The caster/melee imbalance in old world is already pretty gross with spells only doing 66%.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistses [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
caster dmg was reduced by 20% around september 99?
Thats about right fist... March 99 was release and full dmg was in for atleast 6months...

Dot dmg wasnt reduced for over 2 years or so I believe if even that....

I remember 1 ignite blood would kill you straight up as a caster without pumicing it.

Also Egg shaped pummices for the win am i right? IT was in LIVe for atleast 9months..... Needs to happen in red 99 for live like immersions...
Old 09-11-2011, 07:40 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol nice
<Holocaust>
VZTZ
Old 09-12-2011, 12:28 PM
Banned

Pally can be very strong if you gear them up, esp with firey defender. Go dorf obvi to get some hitting power. Lay hands is a nice crutch and everything and I think it does come back on pvp deaths. Most of their offensive spells don't land but they do get greater heal for many of the same levels as druid/shaman and then superior heal at 57. You can't hate on that.

From there they get cancel magic early enough, depends on how dispel counters work here. Hopefully they work, which could be bad for you. Later, the pally gets nullify magic which is pretty effective if you're too cheap (read: don't do hax sol temple $$ quest) to get pumices.

Their root is good for pets and I believe their undead fear works on necro pets in pvp.

Pound for pound I believe if they heal themselves and joust they can beat any melee who doesn't run 1v1 once they get greater heal.
Closed Thread