Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 10:54 PM
Aviak

Default FTE and Locking Mobs - Verina Tomb

What are the rules on FTE for mobs like Verina Tomb?

After the earthquake today, a guildie and I, rushed to Verina to attempt to duo her. 60 Shaman and 60 Enchanter. We saw almost nobody in the zone, and thought we lucked out. I went to grab a pet, and my guildie went to check the spawn. He found another 60 Shaman engaging Verina.

I had my pet ready for the fight shortly after, but we could not pull the mob because the other shaman had engaged. This went on for nearly 3 minutes. She was keeping the mob aggroed but not damaging it. Then after a while, her reinforcements show up in waves, and they kill Verina.

I am not sure about the official rules on this, but I don't see how tying up a mob as contested as Verina Tomb can be fair play. We were there and ready to pull, but she was holding it. She got FTE, but she wasnt going to kill it herself. We thought she was going to solo it, but my guildie noticed something was off when she wasn't even doing any damage. She said that she didn't do damage because she didn't want to get summoned, which would be fine, that is normal for pulling, but this was 3 or more minutes. None of the members of her force were in the zone when she engaged. They cited the FTE rule. But again, with FTE, don't you have to intend to kill it shortly after the pull? As in, do damage within 3 minutes at least? I wish I had screen shotted it, but I was too mad at what I perceived to be cheating. She even said to her group in say something like, "Sorry, I ran out of mana kiting her". If you hold a mob on a shaman long enough to go oom, I think that can be considered against the rules. I could be wrong.

I am pretty sure there is nothing that can be done at this point, but is this against the rules? Would be good to know. Maybe our shaman can do the same next time if this is considered fair play.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-23-2017, 11:02 PM
Banned

You would have a leg to stand on if he was kiting it around (which still may not be much) but without proof... basically just gotta move on.

Mobs without a shout can be stalled by a shaman as long as they want as long as it don't leash or the kite has more than 4 mobs... I've seen ventril sathir tanked for minutes by a warrior before w/o a force (pre fte shout)
Old 09-23-2017, 11:36 PM
Aviak

So for any mob without a shout, stalling is totally fine. Right? Wish I had known this ages ago.
Old 09-24-2017, 01:02 AM
Fire Giant

IMO I would have engaged and killed no force in place. By the time they showed up you would have killed her or close to it if using the level 50 shopkeeper.

You should be allowed to do this. That's just non sense. At the same time I just VT and Vessel in the same day today ty earthquake.
Old 09-24-2017, 01:45 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also remember a good way to pull her is with a resisted lull through the wall near the zone line <3
Might've been rooted? I never been in verina's room only killed her by zoneline not sure if shaman can root it at its spawn without getting adds.

As much as it sucks, the shaman did get there before you. And as long as he didnt have more than 4 mobs on his aggro list and training it around theres not much you can do til the shaman dies. Best to just bind in her room or somewhere close and get rdy to go. Otherwise youre really taking your chances. There should be no reason you can't bind at her spawn or near it unless youre bound in PoM or something in which it will cost you 2-4k to get back to that area to rebind.
Last edited by Kesselring; 09-24-2017 at 01:48 AM..
Old 09-24-2017, 02:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesselring [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
without getting adds.
Nothing socials with Verina
Old 09-24-2017, 02:22 AM
Aviak

[Sun Sep 24 08:59:20 2017] Aitiera says, 'sorry oom from kiting her around'

This is the line that just really pissed me off. Just realized I had logs turned on.
Old 09-24-2017, 02:27 AM
Planar Protector

Sorry you lost this mob in this fashion. Distasteful to say the least, and more than likely, against the rules
Old 09-24-2017, 03:42 AM
Planar Protector

aaand stuff like this is why people leave p99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

great community indeed
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 09-24-2017, 04:20 AM
Fire Giant

That sucks sorry
Closed Thread