Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 02:12 AM
Kobold

Far as the nicotine addiction goes, it doesn't go away. 2 years and there are still days I want to light up. I quit coke, quit pot, they're easier.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:36 AM
Sarnak

quit being a bitch and jsut do it. stop bitching about it bitch. just dont doit. go mastuerbardte.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngorDrakan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
quit being a bitch and jsut do it. stop bitching about it bitch. just dont doit. go mastuerbardte.
How are your AA meetings going?

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 12-09-2010, 02:51 AM
Banned

The patches helped me. It's actually cheaper than weening yourself off the smokes. Just follow the directions, i.e. 21mg patches for a month, 14mg for 2 weeks, and 7mg for two weeks. But as someone said earlier, you have to have your mind right, or you're just throwing money away. Good luck. It's a bitch.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:11 AM
Banned

How long have y'all been smoking? I have been a smoker for 4-5 years.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:51 AM
Sarnak

stop being mentally and quit already

AA is going great, alcohol i tsasy!
Old 12-09-2010, 08:46 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ames [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Think im going to just drink some Whiskey and try to pass out. Hopefully tomorrow will be bettterrrrrrrarararaa
Oddly enough I understand the feeling you had when you typed this. Good luck, it can be done!
Old 12-09-2010, 10:04 AM
Aviak

I smoked for 38 years the last 10 3 packs a day of non filtered. I quit a little over a year ago and it is great. I can now take a walk w/o being winded and play with my youngest son. Do not give up. It is all about will power. If a stuborn old man like me can do it so can you.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:15 AM
Planar Protector

I read somewhere that quitting nicotine is basically harder than crack or heroin.

I myself tried to get myself to start smoking back when I was 17 but could never really get a taste for it, OH WELL
Old 12-09-2010, 11:42 AM
Orc

Quit smoking six years ago, cold turkey - had been a pack a day smoker for 8 years. For me, it was the decision. Sounds simplistic, but I realized that after several attempts to quit (using every crutch imaginable) I had been going about it all wrong. I was attempting to quit. As soon as I realized there is a difference between going into it with a "I'm going to try to quit" attitude versus a "I'm am going to stop putting this shit into my body, forever, starting today." I was able to stop with success.

It was not easy in terms of withdrawls, as other have mentioned. EQ saved me, really, because it gave me something to do on weekends during the six months - yes SIX - that I did not go out to bars. That was a tough decision but a necessary one. Going out with friends was, for me, the worst temptation, as well as driving to work (I took the bus for awhile as an alternative) and rode my bicycle some days. It REALLY helped that Washington passed laws forbidding smoking indoors. No more smoke at bars. I went to the gym - a lot, and took up jogging (slow at first because of my shitty smokers lungs, working my way up to 3-4 miles)

The point is, the first few weeks are the worst. It gets easier. It can be done without crutches. I'd wish you luck, but really...luck has zero to do with it.