Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-26-2012, 01:36 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by funhorroryes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol luclin models are fucking gay as shit
Thanks for your opinion.

And yeah I'm aware of that issue, Kendi. Seems to happen more often in certain zones and it's not just erudites. Looking into it
Old 03-28-2012, 02:15 AM
Aviak

Danyelle, just this - THANK YOU
Old 03-28-2012, 02:18 AM
Banned

really like the luclin models. thanks friend and close ally
Old 03-28-2012, 02:49 AM
Fire Giant

You're both welcome kind sirs.

As always let me know if problems arise =D
Old 04-01-2012, 03:45 AM
Fire Giant

Amended a fix for the texture issue on Luclin Skeletons that would normally have been the 'brown' skeletons with Classic models. (This doesn't require a rebuild of the file. Just a download and follow the readme)
Old 04-12-2012, 03:08 PM
Large Bat

I just got and downloaded the titanium client last night, so i played for a bit with the classic models before switching to the luclin. i don't know how to access the game with the eqgame.exe without the guide (that i cant find anymore, but i didn't truly look around for it) so i just use the patcher, and save the globalload a few times before it starts up. the models work fine for me, but now, no one talks to me. before everyone had something to say, but now none of the NPCs say anything. is this connected?

i just hailed a few more people, and some do talk, but no one that has a [key word] will talk to me anymore.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

this seems like an exploit for red with smaller ogres and trolls
Old 04-12-2012, 05:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by quizator [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just got and downloaded the titanium client last night, so i played for a bit with the classic models before switching to the luclin. i don't know how to access the game with the eqgame.exe without the guide (that i cant find anymore, but i didn't truly look around for it) so i just use the patcher, and save the globalload a few times before it starts up. the models work fine for me, but now, no one talks to me. before everyone had something to say, but now none of the NPCs say anything. is this connected?

i just hailed a few more people, and some do talk, but no one that has a [key word] will talk to me anymore.
Quest scripts are run through Perl and in no way tied to you set up of Globalload. Which mobs are or are not speaking to you? I'll go test them myself.

Also I had noticed Rogean changed the "Getting Started" guide to be more in depth. It also removes direct file download links to server files and simply tells people to use the patcher. I doubt this was done to prevent people from using this as, if that were the case, he would have just told me to erase the post because he didn't want it available... or...you know...just delete it himself. It does complicate things a bit, however, and I'll amend the guide in a moment. Basically run the patcher once in awhile to ensure updated files but don't set it up to run EVERYTIME you launch EQ. Keep a backup of your GlobalLoad.txt and after every patch, exit EQ, copy and paste you file, and log back in normally.

At any rate get back to me on your quest mobs. I'll try and test to see if it's related. Or whether there may be something else preventing you from speaking to them.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:36 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quest scripts are run through Perl and in no way tied to you set up of Globalload. Which mobs are or are not speaking to you? I'll go test them myself.

Also I had noticed Rogean changed the "Getting Started" guide to be more in depth. It also removes direct file download links to server files and simply tells people to use the patcher. I doubt this was done to prevent people from using this as, if that were the case, he would have just told me to erase the post because he didn't want it available... or...you know...just delete it himself. It does complicate things a bit, however, and I'll amend the guide in a moment. Basically run the patcher once in awhile to ensure updated files but don't set it up to run EVERYTIME you launch EQ. Keep a backup of your GlobalLoad.txt and after every patch, exit EQ, copy and paste you file, and log back in normally.

At any rate get back to me on your quest mobs. I'll try and test to see if it's related. Or whether there may be something else preventing you from speaking to them.
Most NPCs like my guildmaster and some merchants, random quest givers as well. Some NPCs who don't have the brackets will talk to me, but others won't. Then when I loaded the game up without the Luclin models saved, they started talking to me again.

I'm unsure how to not patch every time? I just open up the launcher and hit play. Then before it launches I save the GlobalLoad.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by quizator [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most NPCs like my guildmaster and some merchants, random quest givers as well. Some NPCs who don't have the brackets will talk to me, but others won't. Then when I loaded the game up without the Luclin models saved, they started talking to me again.

I'm unsure how to not patch every time? I just open up the launcher and hit play. Then before it launches I save the GlobalLoad.
Don't always run through the patcher I mean. Have a regular shortcut set up on the desktop as per the Playguide (here) and run through that unless you need to patch. Then do what I described above when you do need to patch. I'll check NPC's in a moment.