Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 12:06 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you can get the dagger through a quest on this server.

the quest involves getting cozy with the devs, then they'll spawn Mayong for your guild and absorb the DTs so you can kill him.
Sounds like a rough quest.

Jeice - Gnome Necromancer
Winkyfeet - Halfelf Bard

Disclaimer: Not to be confused with the ranger Jiece, who seems to have incorrectly spelled my name.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:50 AM
Kobold

No mention of Cracktusk?
Old 08-03-2010, 07:59 AM
Kobold

Great post, but are you Talgurin from the EQClassic boards?

If not you really should remember to give credit when it's due seeing as this is a copy paste from here: http://www.eqclassic.org/forums/view...hp?f=16&t=1633

Plagiarism is sort of a pet peeve of mine, but as I said great post and apologies if you are indeed the original author.
Last edited by JaVeDK; 08-03-2010 at 11:37 AM.. Reason: spelling >.<
Old 08-03-2010, 09:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No mention of Cracktusk?
True, the quest involving Cracktusk quest was never solved much less found.

What's sad is that, while it is in theory possibly that people just didn't know who to hand what to or what NC to talk to to get these quests rolling, chances are most of these were just broken, unfinished, or simply unimplemented quests where certain parts were left in the game just to keep players guessing.

I'm a firm believer that they did this in some cases to keep up the mythos.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would love to See Mayong back this Halloween but sadly at this point on the server I can not how this would be handled in a way that everyone could participate.

Any zone hosting an event like is likely to crash from the mass of players (if there is a chance at rare loot) . And can you imagine all the guilds that would be fighting over the spawn? You would have to set up like a a different instance for each guild or take turns or something...
This.

Those live Halloween zone revamps always brought out the worst in people. Just imagine what it would to the people who play on P99. :P
Old 08-03-2010, 12:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaVeDK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If not you really should remember to give credit when it's due seeing as this is a copy paste from here: http://www.eqclassic.org/forums/view...hp?f=16&t=1633

Plagiarism is sort of a pet peeve of mine, but as I said great post and apologies if you are indeed the original author.
I thought this looked familiar.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:57 PM
Sarnak

Speaking of old EQ stuff...Anybody ever in the Alpha or Beta? Did they have you download a file or give you a CD? How did you get into it? Is this data available somewhere? What can we learn from it?
Old 08-03-2010, 01:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaVeDK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

lol, copied word for word
Old 08-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Large Rat

The rumor I remember... it was being called "Leviathan", not "Kraken", and he swam around Lake Rathe. It was claimed that they had to remove him due to pathing issues. There was one screenshot... and it was poorly photoshopped :P
Old 08-03-2010, 09:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthrope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The rumor I remember... it was being called "Leviathan", not "Kraken", and he swam around Lake Rathe. It was claimed that they had to remove him due to pathing issues. There was one screenshot... and it was poorly photoshopped :P
hmm maybe there is some truth in that because in eq2 there is a kind of big kraken thingy and his name is Leviathan, hes also in a lake or in the sea . Hes a raidmob and needed for VP acces. My favorite eq2 raidmob, very complicated to kill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread