Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 08:13 PM
Fire Giant

Been asking for this for awhile
I think they have other priorities tho... but I should only be a 20 minute job to add some subforums... dunno

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-15-2010, 08:14 PM
Fire Giant

On the other hand.. I believe cries for class nerfs and such always stemmed from the class specific boards. So maybe not a good idea.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:11 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelroni [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Discuss
you know, that screenie would have been MUCH more interesting if your first tab on IE had "Shemales Gone Wild" or something similar on it.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:15 AM
Sarnak

I don't think all classes warrant their own sub-forums, as a lot of them would be inactive. If they divided it by categories, such as:

Priest (Cleric, Shaman, Druid)

Caster (Magician, Wizard, Necromancer, Enchanter)

Melee (Warrior, Rogue, Monk)

Hybrid (Ranger, Paladin, Shadowknight)

Bard (Impresario, Maestro, Minstrel)

The volume of posts per forum would even out a bit more this way, with the bulk of the posts mainly in the bard forum, of course.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:24 AM
Kobold

Sorry to de-rail a little, but while we're on the subject of adding more sub forums, I'd like to suggest a raid-related one.

/de-rail off
Old 08-16-2010, 10:01 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by astuce999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think all classes warrant their own sub-forums, as a lot of them would be inactive. If they divided it by categories, such as:

Priest (Cleric, Shaman, Druid)

Caster (Magician, Wizard, Necromancer, Enchanter)

Melee (Warrior, Rogue, Monk)

Hybrid (Ranger, Paladin, Shadowknight)

Bard (Impresario, Maestro, Minstrel)

The volume of posts per forum would even out a bit more this way, with the bulk of the posts mainly in the bard forum, of course.
Either way, I would really like some kind of class forum. Many of us haven't played this game in 7+ years and have forgotten different mechanics or have specific class questions. For instance, I completely forgot about spell school specialization.

Also, many times I'm looking for class specific info for things like quests and items and I have to go try to find the information from outdated EQLive class boards etc...

I know the forums wouldn't have a huge amount of posts but at least it would be a good place to ask questions, talk about the class etc...
Groot - 21 Human Monk
Urso - 21 Dwarf Cleric
Bofric - 20 Dwarf Rogue
Dauthi - 15 Iksar Shadow Knight
Old 08-16-2010, 01:00 PM
Fire Giant

I think whether or not they are active has little to do with it. The real benefit here is organization. You have a place to look for information on your class before you push that "New Topic" button. If there are no threads in the class forum that answer your question, you can then create a new post there to ask. They may not all be active all the time, but neither is the library. It's still got useful info.

If we're thinking the wiki is a better source for this info, how about adding a link to the top nav? There needs to be better integration with the wiki and this site if we intend to use it and expect others to check it.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 08-16-2010, 04:45 PM
Aviak

Just a simpler way to sort information, granted there will be people that are still too lazy to look as per norm >.> But a compilation of class specifics in certain areas are way better than scanning 1 forum an hope you find what you looking for. The organization like Dantes mentioned is the biggest perk to the whole thing imho. Wether it be on Wikki or here i would be glad to help in organizing some information to compile up for the various classes.
Last edited by XeldiablosX; 08-16-2010 at 04:49 PM..
Closed Thread