Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 02:28 AM
Planar Protector

its the opposite of what bulcan said. if daybreak shutdown p1999 it would lose subs via the people loyal to both. no one who is here for classic eq would touch daybreaks servers, or else we'd be there on the F2P servers right now
Old 05-18-2015, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pufferfish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How so?

1) I hadn't played EverQuest for YEARS before I discovered P1999. If P1999 were to disappear tonight, I would not be back on EQ Live. I'm sure 99% of the player base is the same.

2) EverQuest Live is a free-to-play game with a cash shop. P1999 has no cash shop. Are you thinking that players will not only flock back to EQ Live, but also start buying cosmetic fluff? (Hence the "potential cash" loss you are talking about)

3) A Progression server is not a Classic server. They're not competing products.
I played on an EQ Live Progression server before, it ended badly. The Progression server eventually merged with my regular server and erased over 200,000 Plat in my shared bank. Their "support" said there was no record of me ever having that money, so I must be a scammer. Which in turn changed my desire to return to EQ Live to absolute zero - See Point #1.

Daybreak would gain nothing by putting legal muscle on P1999. It certainly wouldn't cause players, who quit EQ Live years before P1999 even existed, to come back to EQ Live.

One of the reasons SoE lost a lot of their playerbase is because they loved to troll their own customers. People remember that stuff. Don't forget, SoE also had an awesome chance to bring back a lot of old players when EverQuest went free-to-play, and they completely blew it with the overly restricted 'free membership'. Which they fixed too little too late, that massive wave of returning players was gone by then.

Daybreak is a new company, so I honestly hope they don't repeat the mistakes of SoE and wish them all the luck in the world with the EverQuest franchise.

Nail + Hit on the head

Yep, you did it. SoE is a shit troll company, just like Blizzard. Both may come out with good games, but they screw it up ALL THE TIME!

I quit Live in 2004 ish. I lost my corpse to a bug and GMs, Customer Service and more wouldn't help me get it back. I will never look back in regards to playing that version. I wish there were more lawsuits to destroy that company. EFF them.
Old 05-18-2015, 09:59 PM
Kobold

The great differance about live from P99 was the GM's on live sucked, so you could train and KS without ever getting caught. All the PnP policies were in place for the people that would follow them out of fear , to reduce petitions. They were never actually enforced.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:41 PM
Planar Protector

WOW this is pretty cool
Old 05-22-2015, 03:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarlon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The great differance about live from P99 was the GM's on live sucked, so you could train and KS without ever getting caught. All the PnP policies were in place for the people that would follow them out of fear , to reduce petitions. They were never actually enforced.
That depended on the server and the era. Especially earlier in the history of the game you could get pretty good response from server GMs and most guides. I used to hang out in Oasis on an alt sometimes just to petition the punks who liked to train the noobs XPing along the beach. Griefing griefers is fun, they are some of the saltiest people on earth and it's a completely guiltless pleasure.
Old 05-23-2015, 01:06 PM
Large Bat

Default The Vision

Yep, you did it. SoE is a shit troll company, just like Blizzard. Both may come out with good games, but they screw it up ALL THE TIME!

Except now we have Daybreak who are determined to milk all us cash cows for all we are are worth, the "FTP" is now money up front if you want to play on Ragefire. After paying for years of subscriptions and expansions can I please say to all my fellow EQ fans DO NOT DO IT AGAIN, just for what we can have here, lovingly maintained.

Daybreak's attitude to Ragefire has made me seriously consider any ongoing relationship with EQ Next (and I paid for a Landmark Foundation Pack).

I am sorry for the P1999 guys hit by the ten ton Daybreak hammer but they never had a chance. This is how it goes, Daybreak belong to Columbus Nova (a nothing US investment company) and they belong to the Renova Group (a Russian conglomerate).

Brad McQuaid all is forgiven, bring back "the vision".
Old 05-23-2015, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

sony wasn't a multinational conglomerate?
Old 05-24-2015, 01:14 PM
Kobold

Two words : sell out

Or rather three words : told you so

I said it a long time ago and continued to say it, Rogean's reasoning and justification of why Sony wouldn't pursue legal action on P99, was bogus.

And now we now that to be true. The only reason this statement was put out, is because

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The agreement establishes the guidelines that we as a project must follow,"
Summary : they have me by the balls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a show of good faith to support the efforts of Daybreak Games,...
As a show of good faith? What? Why do you have to show good faith to Daybreak, oh..that's right, because they would have canned your ass.

Quote:
..we have decided to reschedule our expansion release as to not conflict with the upcoming new progression server being released in the coming weeks.
This really takes the cake. Postponing Velious - something we've been waiting on for almost four years now, a delay that has warped and ruined the state of the server being stuck in Kunark so long...and you delay it so that it won't distract people from the launch of (an already failed) progression server that isn't like P99 any ways?

Damn dude, they ass raped you.
Old 05-24-2015, 05:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toodles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Two words : sell out

Or rather three words : told you so

I said it a long time ago and continued to say it, Rogean's reasoning and justification of why Sony wouldn't pursue legal action on P99, was bogus.

And now we now that to be true. The only reason this statement was put out, is because

Summary : they have me by the balls.

As a show of good faith? What? Why do you have to show good faith to Daybreak, oh..that's right, because they would have canned your ass.

This really takes the cake. Postponing Velious - something we've been waiting on for almost four years now, a delay that has warped and ruined the state of the server being stuck in Kunark so long...and you delay it so that it won't distract people from the launch of (an already failed) progression server that isn't like P99 any ways?

Damn dude, they ass raped you.
This is the general gist of my interpretation of recent events, as stated a few pages back, but I chose to put it in a much less bitter/douchey sounding way.

No it's not difficult to read between the lines here, but even so it seems unfair to be disrespectful to the devs and staff, as they are doing all they can to give us the most classic EQ experience within their means.

Honestly the delay means nothing, as if another 6 months of Kunark is going to make a difference at this point. As you stated the server has already (d)evolved into something not-quite-so-classic due to limited resources and other factors which we may not be privy to. There is really no fixing it at this point, regardless of how many guild tiers you create, or even after the release of Velious.

And I don't think the devs and staff really give a shit about release dates, and they shouldn't. They are providing a completely free playing experience and donating hundreds of hours of their time, mostly because they enjoy doing so. When the devs themselves admit that they are waiting until the "new" PVE server is released to start playing here themselves, when a proper timeline will be followed, that tells you all you really need to know.

EQFriends Consolidation Tool - consolidate all your friends
Auction/Logfile Notifier - logfile watcher with text/email notification
Old 05-25-2015, 02:42 AM
Planar Protector

That dude need to realize he's playing on the beta server for the real server which won't be released until all the velious stuff is fixed. Calm down, bro. It's going to be ok.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Closed Thread