Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 10:30 AM
Fire Giant

Default Prior to Earthcaller

What is the best main hand weapon for a Ranger that has Swiftwind?(prefer trade able) I was looking at 1hrs and it looks like CSS is really good but I wasn't sure if there was something better to go for.
Old 05-24-2015, 11:15 AM
Planar Protector

Edge of the Nightwalker, probably - but it's not so much better than CSS that'd id pay the tons of extra plat.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 05-24-2015, 11:17 AM
Fire Giant

ok thanks yeah that is what I figured was checking to see if there was something else I could get prior to finding someone selling the CSS. I just bought a CSS though so all good. Damn that thing is ugly. Ill save up for Edge or just go straight for saving for SEoC MQ. Doesnt really matter since the Earthcaller wont proc for me for a while.
Old 05-24-2015, 12:27 PM
Banned

fayguard parrying dagger
Old 05-24-2015, 03:26 PM
Sarnak

Fayguard Parrying Dagger, accept no substitutes.

Maybe a Sarnak Warhammer if you're tanking. Jade Mace is actually *just* slightly worse than FPD and a completely underrated item overall.

"... I don't think I remember him digging for this long..."

The A-Team

twitch.tv/crexxus
Old 05-25-2015, 09:51 AM
Planar Protector

Best weapon in the game before Epic in MH is not 1hander but a http://wiki.project1999.com/Woodsman%27s_Staff hands down. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-25-2015, 10:22 AM
Fire Giant

Thanks I got Swiftwind and was trying to find something to use in mh with it until I can save up enough to buy a mq of emerald. I am too casual now to actually see the SEoC on a raid. I ended up getting a CSS for now.

Its going to be a while before I see a Fayguard Parrying Dagger and wouldnt the ae play hell on any CC in the group?
Old 05-25-2015, 09:22 PM
Sarnak

The range on the PBAE of the Fayguard is not that bad, it's definitely manageable, but i wouldn't take it on a raid or any group where you think a mistake could wipe ya. it's not so much better than lupine dagger anyway. Also wouldn't lupine dagger, being the same ratio as a CSS, be better since it applies the damage bonus more often as a faster weapon?

The Plane of Sky sword would definitely be the best and something you'd still use even when you have earthcaller. but thats pricey to buy the noble sword if available.

Another fun option could be the steel hilted flint dagger.
Old 05-25-2015, 11:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
fayguard parrying dagger
For sure. You need a swap weapon to not kill enchanters, like a Lupine or Jade mace, but it's honestly the best main hand in game atm, outdamages Earthcaller even.

Fayguard, Lupe, Jade mace, or Sky sword are the realistic main hands to pair w/ Swifty. Sell your CSS, it's shit as a primary. EoN isn't good either.
Last edited by Cecily; 05-25-2015 at 11:58 PM..
Old 05-26-2015, 11:19 AM
Fire Giant

Ok thanks for the advice I will probably go for a Lupine Dagger atm then until I can get a Fayguard.
Closed Thread