Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 08:46 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Coming back and looking for advice

A friend of mine talked me into playing P99 again. So I am looking for info on what classes are most desired or needed. I'm sure warriors and clerics are high on the list. But I tend to play a tank or healer in most all of my games. And I played a cleric for years on live EQ. I can't remember what classes I had made before when I played but I not opposed to starting over again. And I'm not sure what he may be playing. My favorite class was always my Iksar SK so I'm thinking that or maybe a druid or bard. Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 05-24-2015, 09:00 PM
Planar Protector

There's a school of thought that suggests you should play whatever you think you'd enjoy the most.

I'd suggest if you're open minded to try something you never played back on live, or a class that always interested you at least.

I never played a rogue on live but loved it from the start here... never looked back!

At the very worst, you can always reroll and try again [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-24-2015, 09:05 PM
Skeleton

Arent Rogues very gear dependent like monks?
Old 05-24-2015, 09:18 PM
Planar Protector

You'd think so, but I didn't get my epic until 53-54 and quested it myself. The hate on that didn't really start til Sebilis, but rogue epic multiquesting has got a lot more popular since then.

Rogues are still better dps than an afk wizard even with the worst piercer.
Old 05-24-2015, 10:50 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I had one of everything back when I played on live. I was just looking for find info on something that would be needed and not to hard to find groups with. I will likely make a toon for solo play as well. Just for when I can't find a group or don't have much time to play.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:45 AM
Planar Protector

A Rogue is really not gear dependent at all. The more Strength items you have the harder Backstab hits but it is not like you Can't BS without the gear. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I think a lot of people ought to try and play a class they Never played, or one they did, and weren't good at it.

Nice time to try something new, or Hone your skills to be better. A real challenge. Something to make you think. You might find it very rewarding, and might even become one of your top favorite classes. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-25-2015, 11:11 AM
Sarnak

My two cents...

Unless you're 100% sure what class you want to play... level a few. Research them a little and try a different class.

Currently, obviously none are high level, but with some research I've found what they're capable of, I have:

6 necro
3 enchanter
2 wizard
3 cleric
7 ogre warrior
7 iksar warrior
7 gnome warrior

Obviously, warrior hit the "fun" spot for me, and I couldn't decide I race. Tried two min/max and I didn't like them. Ogre model stinks in my opinion, iksar is cool, I actually liked him a lot. But the gnome was my favorite model back in live. I got a gnome warrior to level 37 on live, so I think he's my main.

Eventually, I'll probably twink a SK, Paly or Ranger. I had a little of everything on live, too, but you'd be amazed what you forget after awhile [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Good luck!
Old 05-27-2015, 08:19 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Deckk - see you're from Prexus KotF, I was on Prexus in EON Forever, knew some folks in KotF. Know of anyone else from Prexus playing P99?
Old 05-27-2015, 10:12 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khoram [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Deckk - see you're from Prexus KotF, I was on Prexus in EON Forever, knew some folks in KotF. Know of anyone else from Prexus playing P99?
Not a soul hahah! Nice to see a Prexian around!
Old 05-27-2015, 12:41 PM
Fire Giant

Classes that can solo well: sham/ench/mage/druid/necro/bard

Some are more wanted in groups than others. sham/ench are highly sought after in groups and are amazing soloers/duoers.
Closed Thread