Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 01:27 AM
Sarnak

Default porting

i spend alot of time on a alt porting for free/donations in EC and have found the majority of players to be very grateful of me spending my time getting them where they need to go whether it be for a group, just to save time, to pos/poh or just to save time. but to the folks who dont respond to offers for CR ports, then 15 minutes later respond for 2 CR ports, the folk who find it not neccessary to tip when you are obviously well off plat wise. To people who just disband group instantly after the port its ok by me, it sounds lame but i keep a list on my desktop of people who are just plain jerks. theres no excuse for not wanting to spend 5 seconds to let me know if you can tip or not tip, if you cant thats fine, but when your wearing a rubi bp and need a port to gfay i might expect something for my time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-09-2010, 02:38 AM
Kobold

I just let people know up front it's free - but I accept tips. The only time it really bothers me is when like you said, it's people decked out in Rubi BPs or clicking Manastones while my broke ass is wearing a cloth belt at level 50.
Old 10-09-2010, 03:00 AM
Sarnak

To strangers, I'll generally tip whatever the level the toon I want ported is. If I don't have money on me I'll offer items or tasty treats. If you're my friend I'll probably say something obscene before, after and during the port and leave my tray table down and a funny smell inside the cockpit.

(i just wanted to say cock)

Swishahouse Swishablast
Luminary of 57 Spirits
Junglist
Bard of 16 Anthems
Pokeball Flinger
Old 10-09-2010, 03:00 AM
Orc

Agree totally!!