Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 11:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Regarding the end game pve raiding scene:

I have a pending proposal for all management and staff to review. If all goes well, you will have news about it soon. Ultimately I would like to have a raid scene in which competition still exists, but that competition isn't solely based on time spent waiting.
Oooh, this could be big!
Old 06-18-2012, 12:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Regarding the end game pve raiding scene:

I have a pending proposal for all management and staff to review. If all goes well, you will have news about it soon. Ultimately I would like to have a raid scene in which competition still exists, but that competition isn't solely based on time spent waiting.
P99 will be worth playing again, if this comes to fruition.

As of now, sadly, it is not. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-18-2012, 05:15 AM
Planar Protector

Recent forum cleanups are a giant leap in the proper direction - hated seeing all the RnF trolls constantly spill out to server chat and beyond to derail perfectly good threads.

Otherwisely Idunno... The near-daily login issues as of late are a huge buzzkill, but am pretty sure if the devs could just snap their fingers to fix that for good, they'd already done so.

But yes, keep up the good work!
Old 06-18-2012, 08:26 AM
Fire Giant

i may return if something is done about the raiding scene, holy moly!!
Old 06-18-2012, 09:44 AM
Planar Protector

Lower the variance windows (ex: 3 days +-8 instead of what we have now for 3 day spawns) and add the spawned versions of epic kill mobs, and go ahead and itemize the minibosses in fear so that harder epics are not impossible to get without a bunch of money for a MQ or join the Uber raiding guild. It would give people a fair amount of stuff to do waiting on Velious. Its not "classic" for the timeline. But community wise it would be the right thing to do.

How many of you Shadowknights out there are waiting for a soul leech? Exactly. A couple days a week you can go raid fear for a golem kill run and maybe get one. You are still putting in the time and the work and raiding for it. It should be rewarded down the line. Why is the rogue epic given away at level one, and the shaman epic almost completely soloable except for the fear tear and final fight if you skip the right parts, while others are impossible with the itemization currently the way it is.

Also random repop "patch" days would be fun as well. For a raider, patch days are the cabbage days. They have always been like a midweek Christmas for raiders. If the guilds mobilize quickly on them, that is one day a week someone gets some loot and has some fun. The uber guild will not be able to get everything if the other tier guilds sit on Fay, or Talendor or even Sev. Smaller guilds have the benefit of having to mobilize less people and are tighter knit. 32k dragons die relatively quickly with a group of smart players.

I get the reasons why repop's are not done. Its to prevent the influx of high level items because the project is behind on its Velious release date. Essentially the market is as saturated with high level items as the end of live kunark, even though overall we had less spawns. So i am not saying that we should have a repop every Wednesday etc. etc. But a bi weekly quick bug fix patch would go a long way for casual raiders to be able to have some fun. The weapon skill bug having to wait a month plus did not do us favors in the newbie department. Things like this could be implemented into these patches and RnF would have a little less to complain about.

To Digress, Everybody eventually wants to slay a dragon. Everybody gets curious of what Venril Sathir is all about. It's a blue server. Nobody should feel griefed off a server due to wanting to do things. Uber guilds will essentially get the same amount of loot, Mid tier/Mid pop guilds will have a chance, and it will foster less frustration with this game. I am assuming that this project was put together so that people could go back to something they loved a long time ago.

I know the above is too long. Sorry about that.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by radditsu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lower the variance windows (ex: 3 days +-8 instead of what we have now for 3 day spawns) and add the spawned versions of epic kill mobs, and go ahead and itemize the minibosses in fear so that harder epics are not impossible to get without a bunch of money for a MQ or join the Uber raiding guild. It would give people a fair amount of stuff to do waiting on Velious. Its not "classic" for the timeline. But community wise it would be the right thing to do.

How many of you Shadowknights out there are waiting for a soul leech? Exactly. A couple days a week you can go raid fear for a golem kill run and maybe get one. You are still putting in the time and the work and raiding for it. It should be rewarded down the line. Why is the rogue epic given away at level one, and the shaman epic almost completely soloable except for the fear tear and final fight if you skip the right parts, while others are impossible with the itemization currently the way it is.

Also random repop "patch" days would be fun as well. For a raider, patch days are the cabbage days. They have always been like a midweek Christmas for raiders. If the guilds mobilize quickly on them, that is one day a week someone gets some loot and has some fun. The uber guild will not be able to get everything if the other tier guilds sit on Fay, or Talendor or even Sev. Smaller guilds have the benefit of having to mobilize less people and are tighter knit. 32k dragons die relatively quickly with a group of smart players.

I get the reasons why repop's are not done. Its to prevent the influx of high level items because the project is behind on its Velious release date. Essentially the market is as saturated with high level items as the end of live kunark, even though overall we had less spawns. So i am not saying that we should have a repop every Wednesday etc. etc. But a bi weekly quick bug fix patch would go a long way for casual raiders to be able to have some fun. The weapon skill bug having to wait a month plus did not do us favors in the newbie department. Things like this could be implemented into these patches and RnF would have a little less to complain about.

To Digress, Everybody eventually wants to slay a dragon. Everybody gets curious of what Venril Sathir is all about. It's a blue server. Nobody should feel griefed off a server due to wanting to do things. Uber guilds will essentially get the same amount of loot, Mid tier/Mid pop guilds will have a chance, and it will foster less frustration with this game. I am assuming that this project was put together so that people could go back to something they loved a long time ago.

I know the above is too long. Sorry about that.
Hmmm.... had a few thoughts, maybe a weekly repop day and top tier shit needs to die first based on guild status. So like TMO would have to clear VP before they could hit trak/vs BDA would have to kill Trak,VS before they could hit Old world stuff like Inny/CT and whatever guild is below BDA would need to kill CT/Inny before they hit Naggy/Vox.
Just a thought.

Or maybe a repop day where each guild gets to petition to reserve a specific mob per repop.
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmmm.... had a few thoughts, maybe a weekly repop day and top tier shit needs to die first based on guild status. So like TMO would have to clear VP before they could hit trak/vs BDA would have to kill Trak,VS before they could hit Old world stuff like Inny/CT and whatever guild is below BDA would need to kill CT/Inny before they hit Naggy/Vox.
Just a thought.

Or maybe a repop day where each guild gets to petition to reserve a specific mob per repop.
I kinda like this idea, it gives guilds room to advance, but also leaves room for competition when they do advance.
Last edited by Ravager; 06-18-2012 at 10:39 AM.. Reason: Corrected my spelling.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:34 AM
Banned

should change the variance to 2hrs put all raid targets on a 7day timer and then do bi weekly repops.

This way, you'll have all mobs spawned, they will all be killed within a few hours of each other, which means that a week from then they will all spawn in a block of a few hours.

Now if a guild chooses to poopsock a mob prior to windows, they take a risk of it spawning late and losing other targets. Even if a guild can poopsock and mobilize for other targets, they are still limiting what they could do normally. It would also allow other guilds to sit for a few hours and pick up raid targets as well if nothing else, giving them targets that they normally wouldn't be able to get.

With a bi weekly repop the targets wouldn't get too far apart in windows as well, keeping things close. This would also free up huge tracking hours that raid guilds put in that causes burn out and allow them to actually play alts and help the server they play on.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just a thought.

Starting to see a path.... +1
Old 06-18-2012, 10:39 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Just a thought.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealin Dragons [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
should change the variance to 2hrs put all raid targets on a 7day timer and then do bi weekly repops.

(snip all the good reasons why)
Stop posting crap I agree with [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I think for a long time now people have been asking to remove/reduce variance and have simulation patch days with full repops. Hoping Nilbog can let us in on his plans, and hopefully it's good stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Leapfrogging is a dick move. It's not about "rules" or "ZOMG IT HAPPENED ON MY SERVER ITS FAIR".
Truth.
Closed Thread