Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 01:09 PM
Banned

Default Potential new player with questions

First off, I want to say this whole thing is amazing. You people are doing God's work. I used to play EQ back in '99-'00 with a few friends (LAN party style!) and our parents would bark at us to go outside and play. Being a 14 year old kid, I never really made it past level 20 on a dwarf cleric (who I thought could melee his way through life, I was an idiot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]) but I still got so much out of that playtime. No modern MMO has ever been able to recreate that feeling with me. I actually stopped playing Guild Wars 2 to pursue EQ again (my co-worker thinks I'm crazy but he doesn't understand!) Enough with the background...

I currently play on the Live servers, for about a week now. And while it's been nice to relive SOME of the classic moments (I had a nerd-gasm hearing the loot sound and seeing the classic character models still in some of the shops in Kaladim)

The experience just is not the same. I realized it when I no longer had an intense fear for the South Ro zone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

One of my biggest complaints is the new character models (luclin?) and I would even prefer the original grey UI as well (as crazy as that sounds)

Sorry, I'm rambling. I'm looking to make the switch from EQLive over to P99. I know I'll have to get Titanium, sign up for EQEmulator and launcher stuff and I know the "boxing" rules but is there anything else I should know before taking the plunge?

I hope I will be asking for a bind soon! I'm dreading my first actual corpse run! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-18-2012, 01:24 PM
Sarnak

Welcome home [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-18-2012, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

You will have a difficult time getting the grey UI back, but the Velious UI has been emulated fairly well. The Velious UI can be found here:
http://www.project1999.org/files/veliousuiv3.zip

A reproduction of the classic UI was in the works, but it appears it went down with MegaUpload:
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3680

As for titanium, you could utilize those burned ISOs you kept of your EQ:Titanium disks and then you wouldn't need to pay anyone for freeware (the EQ client).
Last edited by falkun; 09-18-2012 at 01:41 PM..
Old 09-18-2012, 01:53 PM
Banned

Awesome! Thanks for the help!

And it's good to be home [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I just hope it all turns out for me, seems easy enough to do but then again, I can be a bit of a noob when it comes to these types of things...
Old 09-18-2012, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

Enjoy being a noob, its actually a good thing to have goals to look forward to.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

I've been on this server coming up 2 years (on and off), and only got my first pair of Jboots today - little goals like that are amazing to achieve [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-18-2012, 02:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagglebaron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Welcome home [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is what they tell you when you arrive at Burning Man too. They are both strangely appropriate.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is what they tell you when you arrive at Burning Man too. They are both strangely appropriate.
Sounds a little "cult-like", but you know...Everquest is THAT awesome. I'd consider joining an EQ cult...would the suicide drink be summoned by a Gnome Mage? XD
Old 09-18-2012, 02:13 PM
Large Bat

Glad you found your way here! You're going to love P99. It's a good community too.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds a little "cult-like", but you know...Everquest is THAT awesome. I'd consider joining an EQ cult...would the suicide drink be summoned by a Gnome Mage? XD
The Arch Mage is a dark elf.
Closed Thread