Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2021, 11:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's the difference between Democrat ads and Republican ads? The names change.

Danth
There are many different audiences of low-hanging fruit.

This traditional type of hokey folksy add works on stupid people who are inclined to vote republican if they can be persuaded to bother to vote. Uneducated republican-leaning voters are motivated by fear and anemoia. Nancy Pelosi is going to take my guns and shut down the church I statistically don't attend because of communism and other big words I don't understand. Now back when I was a kid...

The stupid people who are inclined to vote democratic, if they can be persuaded to bother to vote, are not the targets of this type of advertising. They're motivated by issues of fairness and promises of free things. Adds to reach them are merely meant as reminders. Don't oversleep or forget to mail in your ballot for 30 days in a row because you were too high or lost track of time browsing the internet.
Old 03-29-2021, 09:51 AM
Planar Protector

I can't wait till the Republicans promise free work, organic meals, liposuction, and vaginoplasty all with a free subscription to a megachurch and tactical training course along with 5 years of free service and exploration of the world through a U.N. contract.

TBQVFH. MCRN gonna beat them to it.
Old 03-29-2021, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravydoo II [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow sam must be the first person in america to get a divorce. Thats amazing news. How about them bull riders tho? LOL does that big strong man appeal to you? An actor, wrestler, is running for office, pretending to be a redneck. This is the republican party.
Yes! If only John Cena ran for President! An actor, a wrestler, ruggedly handsome and funny as hell!

Check out his wife, omg!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Cena is definitely a Republican, no one with strong features like that could vote Democrat I'm sure of it.
Old 03-29-2021, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

That is a lot of foundation.
Last edited by magnetaress; 03-29-2021 at 12:54 PM..
Old 03-29-2021, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

if you, an idiot, say you're certain he's a Republican, then it must be true.
Old 03-29-2021, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

Almost everything I say is true.
Old 03-29-2021, 01:42 PM
Fire Giant

I guess BlackBellamy's whole "we should just be good to each other" thing only applies to virtual worlds?
Old 03-29-2021, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

As pretty much a democrat, the only issue I have with this ad is the writing. Like the in the video woman says, he puts politician in the middle of his 3 dirtiest jobs intro. That was a great line! It just kills the statement's power burying it between the other two. The rest of it kinda lags on longer than it should, but the energy and message is solid: "Hey look at these assholes! This stuff piss you off, too, Texas? Well, then vote for me."
Last edited by Cecily; 03-29-2021 at 01:54 PM..
Old 03-29-2021, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

Ironically about the only reliable position in politics right now is Republicans on 2A but it hasn't always been thus.
Old 03-29-2021, 02:10 PM
Planar Protector

Let's not forget the Republicans' strict adherence to voter suppression.
Closed Thread