Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 11:22 PM
Aviak

Default Decided to roll a Cleric

So I have decided to roll a Cleric... I figured I can play the cleric when I cannot find a group on my rogue. I hear cleric gear is relatively cheap, so I should hopefully be able to afford some decent low level stuff with the money I made getting to 24
I did a little bit of research, and I think I'm going to roll Human/Innoruuk...
Reason is, I want to be able to do the quest for the DE cleric snare neck, and the erudite fear mask. Yeah, I know it seems silly in the grand scheme of things for these 2 items alone; but I always wanted them, and this is my chance.

So, It seems that if i don't turn in the noobie note, I can still bank in nfp. Does anyone know if I still can bank there if I do turn it in? Can I train/bank/buy spells in Neriak if I don't turn it in? And if I do turn it in?
Last edited by Eledar; 10-11-2011 at 11:53 PM..
Old 10-11-2011, 11:58 PM
Aviak

I made a second cleric to turn in the note, and it did not change faction, if anyone was wondering
Old 10-12-2011, 12:25 AM
Fire Giant

Brace yourself for some seriously junked up faction. hint: con everything your first time to Neriak. There are NPCs that will kill you within 100 feet of the zone in.

And its the priests in the temple that give the cleric symbols right? You start out as dubious to them, so get those faction fingers workin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-12-2011, 01:16 AM
Aviak

Can I not do the quest as dubious? =/
Old 10-12-2011, 10:10 AM
Fire Giant

If you can i'd bet its a bug. Everything i've seen online says troll shaman doing this quest have to do a lot of faction work before the quest guys would give the quest.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:06 AM
Sarnak

Go Dark Elf or go home~

Humans have that whole sight problem, and they smell weird.

Also, with all of the faction work you'd have to do to get the Regent Symbol of Innoruuk, you may have to ruin quite a few other factions.

These are the faction hits you take from the Regent quest (three hits for each necklace production turn in. This is not including all of the halflings you'll have to kill)

Your faction standing with Priests of Innoruuk got better.
Your faction standing with King Naythox Thex got better.
Your faction standing with Priests of Marr got worse.
Your faction standing with Clerics of Tunare got worse.
Your faction standing with Priests of Life got worse.
Your faction standing with Primordial Malice got worse.

Priests of Marr will be the most detrimental to you. Many NPCs who are on Priests of Marr faction are also on Knights of Truth, which means that you may get yourself KoS to the Cleric/Paladin guild in Freeport, and any roaming "Sirs" in NFP near the bank.

These NPCs are AGAINST the "The Freeport Militia" faction.

If you are going to do the Regent Symbol of Innoruuk quest as a stinky Human, I'd advise you to do the following faction quests first to assure that when you do take faction hits, your Human friends don't become KoS to you.

Table Dancing Chippendale's Bard (aka Fabian's Strings)
Difficulty: Super easy. If you are KoS to Fabian, that's no problem. Just get to a level where he's green to you, and as long as you don't sit, he'll accept your gold. This quest is great because you won't be KoS to bards anymore, and won't have to worry about them ganking you. Cost: 500ish gold
Results:
Your faction standing with League of Antonican Bards got better.
Your faction standing with Knights of Truth got better.
Your faction standing with Guards of Qeynos got better.
Your faction standing with Ring of Scale got worse.
Your faction standing with Mayong Mistmoore got worse.

Fattest Dwarf Contest (aka Muffin for Pandos)
Difficulty: Super easy. (This quest won't help with Humans, but it's easy and may potentially save you if you venture to Faydwer to find any rangers roaming about.) Cost: Carpel tunnel syndrome and up to 5 platinum
Results:
Your faction standing with Faydarks Champions got better. (Kelethin Rangers)
Your faction standing with King Tearis Thex got better. (Possibly some stuff in Faydark and Felwithe)
Your faction standing with Clerics of Tunare got better. (High Elf Clerics)
Your faction standing with Soldiers of Tunare got better. (Kelethin Druids)
Your faction standing with Crushbone Orcs got worse.

Bone Chips (Qeynos) (You can also simply hand Lashun, the quest giver, ONE GOLD PIECE at a time. I know the quest says two, but I've handed him one at a time and it worked just the same)
Difficulty: Kind of easy. Mr Novashine roams, and it can be tedious to catch up with him, give him the gold and hit trade before he walks away. Hail him a lot in between trades. Cost: a couple hundred gold.
Results:
Your faction standing with Priests of Life got better.
Your faction standing with Knights of Thunder got better.
Your faction standing with Bloodsabers got worse.
Your faction standing with Antonius Bayle got better.

Bandit Sashes
Difficulty: Medium. This is a good quest if you do it around the minimum level, and even up until 17 or so.
Results:

Rabid Wolves
Difficulty: Easy. Also a great quest to do if you're around the level. It's similar exp to the Crushbone Belt quest in GFay.
Results:
Your faction standing with Antonius Bayle got better.

--FOR NERIAK FACTION--

Please note: If you want Neriak to love you, Wood Elves, High Elves and Dwarves will never, ever love you, unless you spend hours upon days upon months killing a particular goblin in Butcherblock, and even then, I can't promise anything.

ALL quests to improve Indigo Brotherhood (one of the factions Neriak guards are on, this is also the main faction of the Warrior guild in Neriak) give negative to Storm Warriors (dwarf warriors and guards), Emerald Warriors (Wood Elf warriors and guards, also merchants I think)

This being said, I'm not going to link any faction quests to repair Indigo Brotherhood. I don't know how you feel about stupid Wood Elves and their snobby pale cousins.

Lokar To`Biath is a Drunk (aka Red Wine)
Difficulty: Probably difficult for you. This is in Neriak Third Gate library. I don't know how difficult it will be for you to get there. I'd advise getting someone to invis you or buy some cloudy potions and check it out. This quest is invaluable. Cost: 10-15 platinum.
Results:
Your faction standing with Dark Bargainers got better. (NERIAK MERCHANTS, BANKER INCLUDED)
Your faction standing with Dreadguard Outer got better.
Your faction standing with Dreadguard Inner got better.
Last edited by Hottbiscuits Dreadmuffin; 10-12-2011 at 11:22 AM..
Old 10-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Kobold

This might be a lot of fun, but you'll run into a lot of unknowns and unexpected since some npc's will hate you based on your race. It will be an adventure.

That's the best part about playing on this server, can just make toons one would not normally make. No (safe choices) cookie cutter picks needed. Fun to experiment and enjoy the variety.

Go for it man.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:22 PM
Fire Giant

killing Lucan is a fast way to get your NFP faction up really high and it wont hurt neriak faction, it will make you KoS in WFP but who cares about WFP?
Old 10-12-2011, 07:40 PM
Aviak

cool thanks guys for the advice. Just another note, turning in lightstones/greater lightstones to the DE merchant in Sro raises Dark Bargainers, Dread inner/outer.

I am assuming I need to raise Priests of Innoruuk to do the Symbol quest? Anyone know how to go about that?
Old 10-12-2011, 08:01 PM
Fire Giant

I'll do a faction report for Human Clerics of Inny later and post it, maybe the devs will correct it. I can almost guarantee you are supposed to start out better then dubious with the Inny Temple in Neriak.

Might be a double edged sword though...... I may discover the toon KOS in North Freeport.... we'll see.

On Al'kabor after note turn in:

+dismal rage
+opal darkbriar
-knights of truth

Human Cleric of Innoruk:

Zhem Xecia (dismal rage) : Amiable
Saxarvza Zexus (this chick is priestofinnoruk right?): dubious (same as on p99, was suprised it was this low)
Opal Darkbriar: Amiable

Guard Jacsen (freeport militia): apprehensive

Sir Hallis (good guard north freeport): dubious

In Neriak:

Guard D'bious: Dubious
Mavin D'dbbth (magician GM): Dubious
Perrir Zexus (cleric GM): Dubious

Not a detailed faction report at all, but enough to show that what exists on p99 is within the ballpark of intended "classic".

Guess you DO got a lot of faction work to do! sorry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But that is another beauty of EQ, you have to work to be special [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Palemoon; 10-12-2011 at 08:49 PM..
Closed Thread