Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 03:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teensy Weensy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Believe it or not, doesn't matter, but it's right
Then why have I never waited for more than 3 hours using my shotgun method?

Won't argue witya tho...been through this dozens of times, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:56 PM
Sarnak

The fact that the AC in SRO requires that much precise work and timing to me makes much more of a camp than the one in OOT that is simply kill the PH every 6 mins till you see "an ancient cyclops " then loot a ring. A monkey can do that if trained through Pavlov's react to a certain stimulus training. Kill the thing that appears, get a fucking banana, good job bro. So to say AC in SRO isn't a camp just says you are pretty fucking misinformed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Server runs much smoother without prima donnas prancing around being bitches like this is Walmart's Customer Service Department.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maegi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The fact that the AC in SRO requires that much precise work...
This is the fallacy, and it's why people claim it's a "camp".

However...like I said before...if someone is there trying to spawn it, I'm not stepping on their toes. No matter what method they're using.

Quote:
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Last edited by Humerox; 02-23-2011 at 04:04 PM..
Old 02-23-2011, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The amount of people who say stuff like "RULES IS RULES he lost the camp!" makes me sick. Rules don't determine what is and isn't a douche bag thing to do. Those people from VD were grade A douche bags, there's no way around it. Within the rules? Perhaps, but absolute douche bags nonetheless.

It's kind of sad how often people on this server will degrade into complete douchebaggery if it means citing the rules will give them a shot at some loot. There's a lot of good people in this community, but the community isn't anywhere near what we would like to think it is.
Cool. Let us know what camp you're at so we can come by and make up some sob story about how we had to leave for a few minutes to go pull a baby out of a burning house, but we were totally just camping that so you are a douchebag if you don't relinquish it back to us [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 02-23-2011, 04:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cool. Let us know what camp you're at so we can come by and make up some sob story about how we had to leave for a few minutes to go pull a baby out of a burning house, but we were totally just camping that so you are a douchebag if you don't relinquish it back to us [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's a difference between the story being true or made up. If I have been at the camp for an hour, obviously you're full of shit. If I just got there, then you tell me that, and random people in the zone who aren't in your guild confirm that, then I wil lgive you the benefit of the doubt and go elsewhere, as I have done countless times before. (the corpse sitting on the ground with 5 minutes missing from the timer could be a pretty clear sign you aren't full of shit also...)

See, unlike many of you, when an issue comes up, I don't ask myself "What do the rules say?" I ask myself "What would be the non-douchebag thing to do?"

So, like I said, you care about the chance of loot more than anything else. That's fine, but that generally makes you a douche bag. If you're okay with that, so be it, but don't lie to yourself and act like it isn't a douche bag thing to do.
Last edited by soup; 02-23-2011 at 04:06 PM..
Old 02-23-2011, 04:03 PM
Aviak

Would seem if your corpse is still lying there with the rez timer not too far gone....

Whatever.
Human Shadowknight
Oddkin
Darkelf Necromancer
Old 02-23-2011, 04:04 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humerox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then why have I never waited for more than 3 hours using my shotgun method?

Won't argue witya tho...been through this dozens of times, lol.
Yes, it will magically work different for you because you want it to.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teensy Weensy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, it will magically work different for you because you want it to.
I'm just magical like that.

Back on point. I wouldn't be a dickhead to someone that's been there all day no matter what method they use, magical or otherwise.

Quote:
Old 02-23-2011, 04:12 PM
Sarnak

Humerox, while I disagree with a lot you said in this post, I will give you props for not being a selfish camp stealing douche bag all about the loot kind of guy. In fact, I've read a lot of your posts on other threads and agreed with most and laughed at a few. So you're good people despite our differences of opinion at times.

Quote:
Server runs much smoother without prima donnas prancing around being bitches like this is Walmart's Customer Service Department.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:23 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humerox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He probably could have farmed the PP for the MQ in the same amount of time. Just sayin~
Not disagreeing with you, and yes he could have farmed the PP for an MQ.

However, there are some people who like to obtain items themselves. Whether it is a sense of accomplishment at having done the camp, no matter how long it takes or just simply the pride of having done it.

There are many times I have camped something and it has taken way more time than I would have liked, and I sit there thinking... damn I coulda farmed enough PP to buy this already, then I think damn I have already been here this long, now it is a matter of principle.

Some people would rather MQ than camp, and that's fine. Camping things yourself is part of the experience of the game. Most of the people playing on this server have played before, but there are some of us who have never played this game before coming here. This is my first EQ experience, and I want to experience it and all the camps (or relevant camps) on my own.

I am not surprised by the people who do "douche bag" things like this, because unfortunately it is human nature. Thankfully I have met several good people on here that make it worth staying.

To the OP, there are a lot of good people on this server so try to overlook the few who are greedy, loot mongering a**holes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by soup View Post
I think you vastly overestimate the amount of care I have.
Quote:
Made every class overpowered except the one you play.
Last edited by Rynada; 02-23-2011 at 04:30 PM..
Closed Thread