Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2019, 06:15 PM
Fire Giant

Default Neumo <Seal Team>

I just wanted to throw a quick shout out to Neumo, 50th Enchanter of Seal Team.

I've finally gotten some time to play and hopped onto Green, playing a shorty paladin. After spending a few hours collecting some quest materials, I traveled to the turn-in point only for the NPC to be missing. I didn't recall this NPC having a daylight spawn time, but figured I'd check back when the day cycle came. When I logged back in, he was still gone. So, I sent an OOC out to check if anyone had seen the NPC. Shortly after, I was greeted by a tell from Neumo. As it turns out Neumo had the NPC under his magnificent charm and was utilizing the NPC to do his own bidding.

Immediately after informing me of the situation, Neumo asked if I needed him for a turn in, and immediately after I informed him that I was indeed looking to do the turn-in, Neumo promptly let me know that he was going to bring the NPC back to the spawn. This was in a large zone, so it took him a few minutes to pack up his camp and run the NPC back to spawn. Once he was there, he thanked me for my understanding and patiently waited while I performed some 20+ turn-ins. After I was done, I let Neumo know and he charmed up and was on his way again. He again thanked me, for my understanding and let me know that he hoped he didn't disrupt my playtime.

The significance? This is a social game, and while yes I wasted a few minutes looking for an NPC that was off on the other side of the zone, I walked away from the situation very happy to have met someone of this caliber. In s social game, positive interactions with strangers is always a victory, more than the loot. Neumo was camping a named spawn that he left the area for, so I could perform my turn-ins. He didn't have to do this. I never would have known any better regarding the whereabouts, had he not responded to my initial inquiry. And on top of it, he was just super friendly about the whole thing.

Now, knowing the few naysayers around here, I know you're going to say he was obligated to do this because it was a quest NPC. The reality is, he didn't. Like I mentioned, I had no clue where the NPC was and my level (clearly available with /who) prohibited me from running around the zone to investigate, if that was something I even wanted to do.

Any way, let the good guys be recognized. Neumo, thanks for reminding me how awesome people can be here. Happy slaying!
Old 12-30-2019, 06:52 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Doran Vargnus, I take it?
Old 12-30-2019, 07:17 PM
Kobold

I asked Neumo for a Clarity and he told me it would be too much of an inconvenience for him to drop his charmed pet, jump on the boat as it sailed past, zone to Butcherblock, run to Unrest, cast Clarity on me and then gate back.

Glad someone had a good experience with him, because I sure didn't.
Old 12-30-2019, 07:31 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashenden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I asked Neumo for a Clarity and he told me it would be too much of an inconvenience for him to drop his charmed pet, jump on the boat as it sailed past, zone to Butcherblock, run to Unrest, cast Clarity on me and then gate back.

Glad someone had a good experience with him, because I sure didn't.
Wow. Neumo sounds like a dick. You deserve better.
Old 12-30-2019, 07:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just wanted to throw a quick shout out to Neumo, 50th Enchanter of Seal Team.

I've finally gotten some time to play and hopped onto Green, playing a shorty paladin. After spending a few hours collecting some quest materials, I traveled to the turn-in point only for the NPC to be missing. I didn't recall this NPC having a daylight spawn time, but figured I'd check back when the day cycle came. When I logged back in, he was still gone. So, I sent an OOC out to check if anyone had seen the NPC. Shortly after, I was greeted by a tell from Neumo. As it turns out Neumo had the NPC under his magnificent charm and was utilizing the NPC to do his own bidding.

Immediately after informing me of the situation, Neumo asked if I needed him for a turn in, and immediately after I informed him that I was indeed looking to do the turn-in, Neumo promptly let me know that he was going to bring the NPC back to the spawn. This was in a large zone, so it took him a few minutes to pack up his camp and run the NPC back to spawn. Once he was there, he thanked me for my understanding and patiently waited while I performed some 20+ turn-ins. After I was done, I let Neumo know and he charmed up and was on his way again. He again thanked me, for my understanding and let me know that he hoped he didn't disrupt my playtime.

The significance? This is a social game, and while yes I wasted a few minutes looking for an NPC that was off on the other side of the zone, I walked away from the situation very happy to have met someone of this caliber. In s social game, positive interactions with strangers is always a victory, more than the loot. Neumo was camping a named spawn that he left the area for, so I could perform my turn-ins. He didn't have to do this. I never would have known any better regarding the whereabouts, had he not responded to my initial inquiry. And on top of it, he was just super friendly about the whole thing.

Now, knowing the few naysayers around here, I know you're going to say he was obligated to do this because it was a quest NPC. The reality is, he didn't. Like I mentioned, I had no clue where the NPC was and my level (clearly available with /who) prohibited me from running around the zone to investigate, if that was something I even wanted to do.

Any way, let the good guys be recognized. Neumo, thanks for reminding me how awesome people can be here. Happy slaying!
A "good guy" as you say wouldnt charm a quest npc in the first place, charming a quest npc is a dick move, period.
Old 12-30-2019, 09:46 PM
Banned

Neumo is a chad. The embodiment of an alpha male. A God-tier enchanter. Literally the opposite of Zantes, a soy boy beta male and the worst enchanter on p99.
Old 12-30-2019, 10:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A "good guy" as you say wouldnt charm a quest npc in the first place, charming a quest npc is a dick move, period.
what are you gonna charm to kill alizesaurus with then big dog? also that quest gets done like once a month, relax. most enchanters wouldnt even answer the ooc or care anyway.
Old 12-31-2019, 05:27 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You heard it boys, pack it up. No more charming An undead foreman. Cuz he said period.
Old 12-31-2019, 10:02 AM
Fire Giant

bump, pras
Old 12-31-2019, 03:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
That's a mighty fine opinion you have there, mate.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Closed Thread