Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 07:42 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well I logged in today! Lol, for like 10 minutes. Eve is all messed up from the latest patch, and I've refused to even try to play it until they get things in order. Might actually get p99 put on my new SSD and play later tonight. Maaaybe. Kinda bummed I'm still in PoM, but I don't want to rebind out of there until I get, eh... I don't remember what I was trying to get. The robe maybe?
I even saw a Norman pop into howling stones last night. I’ll admit that my new love for that zone is largely based on your advocacy... now I complain whenever I end up in a place where there aren’t any casters to ToT
Old 03-22-2018, 07:45 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well I logged in today! Lol, for like 10 minutes. Eve is all messed up from the latest patch, and I've refused to even try to play it until they get things in order. Might actually get p99 put on my new SSD and play later tonight. Maaaybe. Kinda bummed I'm still in PoM, but I don't want to rebind out of there until I get, eh... I don't remember what I was trying to get. The robe maybe?
If I were you I would probably just keep my bindspot at PoM exit tree (or maybe at A4 depending on preference). You can still go do things in other zones (I'm still holding out for some Siren's Grotto videos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]). It's pretty easy to get a port from CS to where ever you need to CR (though HS can be a bit of a pain).

As soon as my chanter is 60 - if I'm not there already - I will get a coth to PoM and bind. It's close to a sort of nexus point for Velious transportation in that it's close to WW/ToV, Skyshrine and Kael and as a chanter there are profitable things to solo up there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-22-2018, 09:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by commongood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I were you I would probably just keep my bindspot at PoM exit tree (or maybe at A4 depending on preference). You can still go do things in other zones (I'm still holding out for some Siren's Grotto videos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]). It's pretty easy to get a port from CS to where ever you need to CR (though HS can be a bit of a pain).

As soon as my chanter is 60 - if I'm not there already - I will get a coth to PoM and bind. It's close to a sort of nexus point for Velious transportation in that it's close to WW/ToV, Skyshrine and Kael and as a chanter there are profitable things to solo up there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm gonna stay bound for now. Between hats and OT hammer and ports I can get around quickly enough, though I'll likely get rebound and give up on POM if it stays busy. I really can't stand logging in to do something only to find the 4 truly worthwhile mobs in the zone (that I can solo) already camped permanently, or even staying logged in and having to fully rebuff every cycle just so I can keep laying claim to the camp if I do get it, etc.

I've tried doing other things than a4 halflings and 22 + the chest at entrance when those have been busy before. I've killed a hell of a lot of a1-a3 to not see anything but a few squires and knights, I've tried to kill stuff in the garden cause it seems like a cool area with some casters to spice things up and enable ToT use, but shit's goddamn crazy magic resistant over there. Guess I could explore around a bit more before I buy a blue throne and say goodbye to the place though, when I get to that point.

I swear I made some SG videos. I wonder if I just never uploaded them, or didn't like them, or what.

Edit - yeah, I have a 140-minute video titled "exploring SG" that I did when I was still in 59. Not sure what all is in there. Ill have to skim through it and see if part/all of it should go to youtube.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 03-22-2018 at 10:05 PM..
Old 03-22-2018, 10:29 PM
Fire Giant

I was curious to see if you decided to revisit Seb.

Good stuff man.
Old 03-23-2018, 02:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I'm gonna stay bound for now. Between hats and OT hammer and ports I can get around quickly enough, though I'll likely get rebound and give up on POM if it stays busy. I really can't stand logging in to do something only to find the 4 truly worthwhile mobs in the zone (that I can solo) already camped permanently, or even staying logged in and having to fully rebuff every cycle just so I can keep laying claim to the camp if I do get it, etc.

I've tried doing other things than a4 halflings and 22 + the chest at entrance when those have been busy before. I've killed a hell of a lot of a1-a3 to not see anything but a few squires and knights, I've tried to kill stuff in the garden cause it seems like a cool area with some casters to spice things up and enable ToT use, but shit's goddamn crazy magic resistant over there. Guess I could explore around a bit more before I buy a blue throne and say goodbye to the place though, when I get to that point.
I get that. I like being bound up there. Have my shaman there currently. As PoM camps are all ~72 mins it's a great afk spot and a pretty boring active spot. So if I know I'll be having a day where I'm working from home and can take time to kill A4 in between doing work I will try to get it. I play from Europe and that helps as European day time, especially after noon, PoM is mostly empty.

I don't think it will ever stop being busy in prime time though.

Quote:
I swear I made some SG videos. I wonder if I just never uploaded them, or didn't like them, or what.

Edit - yeah, I have a 140-minute video titled "exploring SG" that I did when I was still in 59. Not sure what all is in there. Ill have to skim through it and see if part/all of it should go to youtube.
Oh man wish you'd upload that one [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-24-2018, 12:45 PM
Kobold

Tried my hand at corpsing an item last night based on TD's video about it. Used discordant mind (hp pool is <800, figured nuke 600 off then a low level nuke and dot). Somehow my dumbass hit DM twice and xp deathed myself. That was a fun lesson learned
Old 03-24-2018, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tried my hand at corpsing an item last night based on TD's video about it. Used discordant mind (hp pool is <800, figured nuke 600 off then a low level nuke and dot). Somehow my dumbass hit DM twice and xp deathed myself. That was a fun lesson learned
I think there's a bug with "double" hits of nukes. Something like a killing blow from a nuke shows twice even though it actually only hit once. Are you POSITIVE one nuke wouldn't have killed you?
Old 03-24-2018, 01:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:
I think there's a bug with "double" hits of nukes. Something like a killing blow from a nuke shows twice even though it actually only hit once. Are you POSITIVE one nuke wouldn't have killed you?
Positive. I cast DM x2 by mistake. Corpsing shit is kind of walking a fine line between "oh look I cheated the system" and "oh look I just killed myself like a big dumbass"
Old 03-29-2018, 11:47 PM
Planar Protector

Just did a 90-ish minute video in sebilis! Pretty uneventful, but it was a good crawl to the back of the ABC area, me killing a few nameds and PHs, seeing the area for the first time in like 4 years, and trying to get used to new hotkeys to see if I like using the top slot as a swap slot.

Video isn't done processing yet, but it should be visible at https://youtu.be/YNpytfOKVZk in an hour or so.
Old 03-30-2018, 07:31 PM
Banned

Solo c/e
Closed Thread