Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 01-22-2024, 10:14 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Youll be fine leveling in groups but when you hit 60 outside of raids youre basically not useful for anything that produces value

You wont be able to solo and any group that produces plat wont be taking a rogue.
Best I've found so far is Puppet Show duos. You can clear the cycle with a good shaman, its maybe 1 Throne per 4 or 5 cycles. Something like 10-12 hours a Throne per person with some crowns thrown in, which is decent if not crazy.

Can go farm Ice Giant toes or Droga, but its kind of peasant farming relative to the better gear farms.
Old 01-22-2024, 10:23 AM
Sarnak

I main a Rogue, and its pretty fun. You have to group to level up for the most part, there's some solo possibilities but they're hard especially if you're not twinked out. I found quest based XP to be some of the best while soloing (sarnak war braids and shardwing courier, the first because the targets are full green in your mid 50's but still give decent XP through the quest drop, and the second because its such a huge XP gain its worth the pain of bow kiting it). Group XP definitely way better though.

Its easy to get to the gear level where you can be helpful on raids since your epic is the easiest in the game, and noone is ever sad to have rogues at a raid. Most of your progression will come from raiding anyway.
Old 01-22-2024, 11:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I main a Rogue, and its pretty fun. You have to group to level up for the most part, there's some solo possibilities but they're hard especially if you're not twinked out. I found quest based XP to be some of the best while soloing (sarnak war braids and shardwing courier, the first because the targets are full green in your mid 50's but still give decent XP through the quest drop, and the second because its such a huge XP gain its worth the pain of bow kiting it). Group XP definitely way better though.

Its easy to get to the gear level where you can be helpful on raids since your epic is the easiest in the game, and noone is ever sad to have rogues at a raid. Most of your progression will come from raiding anyway.
Speaking of raids and gear, something I’ve noticed is many ‘low’ level rogues (46-54) show hesitancy in seeking help to get their epic. I’ve seen reasons like “I don’t know anyone in guild”, “it is too early”, “I’ll appear greedy/pixel hungry” or “I’m not worth their time”. However, my experiences call these thoughts into question - in all the guilds I’ve been in people have been very keen to help out on rogue fights - whether to schedule something or even just do it at a drop of a hat - even if that rogue is a level 46 app that nobody really knows.

So yea, don’t be shy: ask for help - many people in guilds are there to have adventures and help people out. You won’t put anyone out bu asking for a rogue epic - instead you’ll give them a fun adventure and hopefully a nee friend! Ps it will help out your own levelling and dps a lot.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-24-2024, 11:45 AM
Kobold

Just make your life easy and tunnel quest your way to nice twink gear and you can solo all the way up to 60

Fungi (in battle) + Mylokar's BP (out of battle fast heals) + Epic + Spine Break pots + Intimidation you can kill virtually anything that any other melee class can solo. Roughly 150k in gear.
Old 02-04-2024, 01:26 PM
Kobold

Intimidation works so rarely its a fun gimmick rather than a viable tactic... dont plan rogue fights around intimidate, the payoff is bad. Spine Break will root them anyways so sometimes it wont even work when it works [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-22-2024, 11:26 AM
Kobold

I exclusively used intimadation and spine break on the high green cons in the sarnak fort outside of Chardok anytime I was soloing from 55-60.

You are correct that even though spine break is technically a snare and not root that it works as a root in the sense that the mobs will not run when intimidated when the spine break is active.

With that said I would average atleast 1 intimidation per fight after spine break wore off before the mob is dead allowing for additional backstab damage to be delivered while eliminating damage from tanking. It was often the difference between whether I could successfully kill the mob before he killed me or not and therefore the difference between whether I could solo or not as a fairly well geared rogue at 55+ (Epic+Fungi+Mrylokars+Edge of the Nightwalker)

The success rate is much lower on blue cons and above but at that level you aren't going to be able to solo any blue cons anyway. In my experience you will get one intimidation per every 2 blue con mob.
Old 02-22-2024, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

yeah sounds like so much fun

just group ffs
Old 02-22-2024, 12:48 PM
Kobold

You get to a point where you can't take KC any longer and haven't quite gotten the people needed to form a chardok group that you might as well be productive.

Chardok Group > Soloing > KC Noobery
Old 02-22-2024, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

They need to nerf KC zem into oblivion and buff the hell out of the good zones.