Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 03-08-2024, 09:47 AM
Fire Giant

Default Can a player fix traks teeth?

So I've always been interested in the forager cycle.

Apparently Casters mobs are broken and op on p99
on top of that frogloks attack animals in TT, and their being OP excacerbates the problem, they slaughter all the animals.

Over time the zone becomes full of froglok shamans with no animals in sight unlike live.
Devs refused to change it as there's no proof apparently, because of cause there's no proof of a non existent problem from the past...

Anyway, my question is, does anyone know if the froglok casters and melees share the same spawns?

Is it possible to at least wipe out all the Shamans and leave just melee frogs? Do they share spawns, could we fix the zone over time by killing just caster mobs? Replacing them with skellys ideally or at least warrior frogs.
Old 03-08-2024, 10:33 AM
Planar Protector

y tho
Old 03-08-2024, 11:18 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
y tho
to make forager cycle actually viable and not a huger ballache than it already was on live.
Old 03-08-2024, 04:11 PM
Fire Giant

Cycle is garbage anyway, just do something that's ungarbage
Old 03-08-2024, 06:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
to make forager cycle actually viable and not a huger ballache than it already was on live.
Do you really get so many adds flying around with wolf form, lev and invis on?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 03-08-2024, 11:10 PM
Planar Protector

Guys
He didn't say "It's so bad, it's too bad."
He said "Could it be better?"

OP, I don't think anyone here has the answer. But it might be a cool experiment. You would need some help, I suppose.

Maybe someone could kite a ton of mobs, and you could have someone tag casters out. Gradually gather all non-casters into the kite (to not be killed), and kill casters until you're tired of it, then zone the kite and watch the zone for a couple hours.
Old 03-09-2024, 01:06 AM
Fire Giant

This is an emulator of a 14 year olds recollection of the game.

If rogbog didn’t do it, it doesn’t exist here.

Hence the more than 4 mobs can hit you at once, the back stuns, no push, the totally out of era casting/spell selection by npc casters, the casting behaviour by casters, the npc tuning, the ridiculous rarity of rares etc. Yes TT like many zones is borked here.

It’s good for how much you pay for it though. And it’s better than some other options.
Old 03-11-2024, 01:51 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I can't speak for what it was like 20+ years ago, but I know on P99 that when I tried to do Cannibalize 2, I waited until I was like level 53 to try and get Cannibalize 2 (which requires you to kill characters in the same area), and it took me hours of trying before I finally was able to snag one and kill it. The only reason I didn't die during one of my early attempts is because I had Gate on my spell bar. I don't know if this is broken or classic, but it was actually pretty damn hard.

I feel like 20+ years ago my friends helped me get the Sebilis Key as a full group and it wasn't a big deal or anything, but a lot of things were different back then. Most dungeons were so packed that running through them felt safe and easy compared to today since most of the mobs were down and if you got into trouble there were groups who could help you every where, lol.
Old 03-11-2024, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

I'm assuming OP is trying to do it solo because it's trivially easy with a group and a tracker.

OP to answer your question I don't know for sure if the casters and melee share spawn tables, but I assume they do
Old 03-11-2024, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cycle is garbage anyway, just do something that's ungarbage
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2