Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 09:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No item, coin loot only - and definitely no exp loss on pvp death, the exp grind on p99 is horrible enough.
I agree.

Coin Loot no one has ever had a problem with. Its a nice reward but its not too costly for someone that lost it.

EXP LOSS or GAIN and you are just creating a monster you don't want to deal with. And Don't need to deal with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD
"I will honor those who honor Me, but those who despise Me will be disgraced." HCSB 1 Samuel 2:30
Old 08-21-2011, 10:04 PM
Banned

Abacab's ruleset
  • Coin loot
  • +20% XP bonus compared to p99
  • -50% less XP lost on PvE and PvP death
  • XP loss on PvP death
  • -10% caster XP penalty
  • NO-DROP removed on all items aside from epics

PvP needs to have more of a penalty than just the embarrassment of yellow text and losing 43 gold. Experience lost on PvP death makes it much more challenging and would make players choose their fights wisely, in short there needs to be a higher risk than simply sending a tell to the local druid for a 5 minute CR.

As for the FV ruleset, most transactions done on a PvP server are done via trading while plat is a mere commodity, removing the NO-DROP tag creates a better and more accessible economy.
Last edited by God-King Abacab; 08-21-2011 at 10:08 PM..
Old 08-21-2011, 10:11 PM
Planar Protector

I think exp loss would deter PVP just like item loot.

Anything that would deter PVP is a big failure. Don't we all want the most PVP we can get???? WE don't want people to hide out and not take chances.... Death and corpse recovery is all we need.

NO Yellow Text would decrease PVP (YT would make people port into fights)
Item Loot would decrease PVP
EXP loss or Gain would decrease PVP
Being able to /who all zones would decrease PVP
Training allowed would decrease PVP
(other ideas?)

PVP > All rules that I'm more than sure will decrease PVP

A leaderboard would increase PVP
FFA for dungeons and raid zones would increase PVP
(other ideas?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD
"I will honor those who honor Me, but those who despise Me will be disgraced." HCSB 1 Samuel 2:30
Old 08-21-2011, 10:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think exp loss would deter PVP just like item loot.

Anything that would deter PVP is a big failure. Don't we all want the most PVP we can get???? WE don't want people to hide out and not take chances.... Death and corpse recovery is all we need.

NO Yellow Text would decrease PVP (YT would make people port into fights)
Item Loot would decrease PVP
EXP loss or Gain would decrease PVP
Being able to /who all zones would decrease PVP
Training allowed would decrease PVP
(other ideas?)

PVP > All rules that I'm more than sure will decrease PVP

A leaderboard would increase PVP
FFA for dungeons and raid zones would increase PVP
(other ideas?)
Rushmore never played Zek servers on live, everything I listed aside from the O-DROP clause was a standard for all PvP servers (Rallos, Tallon, Vallon, and Sullon)

If you did play live you'd understand that those difficulties is what made PvP harsh and fun it's what made it both dangerous and rewarding...

Sitting around touching your dick to yellow text day in and day out is not rewarding nor is it risky, it's just ego stroking for people that couldn't hack it if everything was put on the line.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-King Abacab [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rushmore never played Zek servers on live, everything I listed aside from the O-DROP clause was a standard for all PvP servers (Rallos, Tallon, Vallon, and Sullon)

If you did play live you'd understand that those difficulties is what made PvP harsh and fun it's what made it both dangerous and rewarding...

Sitting around touching your dick to yellow text day in and day out is not rewarding nor is it risky, it's just ego stroking for people that couldn't hack it if everything was put on the line.
Stop shitting up threads with hate on Rushmore bullshit. We are trying to get the best possible outcome. This isn't 1999 nor is this Zek. I'm all FOR a harsh environment bro...I just want as many people to play this new server as possible. Yes most cannot hack it but I would like it to be as friendly as possible to those sitting on the fence between Between BLUE and RED. I'm not trying to fuck up your ride bro. My intentions are to make it that much more enjoyable.

I could do without YT if that's a collective bad idea. Stop throwing shit around and lets talk about ideas not insult each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD
Old 08-21-2011, 10:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stop shitting up threads with hate on Rushmore bullshit. We are trying to get the best possible outcome. This isn't 1999 nor is this Zek. I'm all FOR a harsh environment bro...I just want as many people to play this new server as possible. Yes most cannot hack it but I would like it to be as friendly as possible to those sitting on the fence between Between BLUE and RED. I'm not trying to fuck up your ride bro. My intentions are to make it that much more enjoyable.

I could do without YT if that's a collective bad idea. Stop throwing shit around and lets talk about ideas not insult each other.
No one is hating on Rushmore...

But it's stupid that you guys are essentially arguing for another Daxum box, we've done VZ/TZ for years there is no point in rehashing the same carebear PvP with new administrators simply because you're using straw man arguments like "It will deter population"people interested in PvP will play PvP those who are on the fence will most likely go back to blue due to the time invested in project1999.

Don't dissuade yourself by stating absolutist statements
Old 08-21-2011, 10:45 PM
Planar Protector

I'm totally down for whatever. Lets just debate and argue valid points to come up with positive solutions for all not just a few. Daxum's box was always evolving to something better.

That's why we had 1.0, 2.0, 3.0

Most of us that have been apart of this community since 08 know where the instant fixes should be.

An example would be not allowing casters to bind in dungeons,

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD
Old 08-21-2011, 10:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
I'm totally down for whatever. Lets just debate and argue valid points to come up with positive solutions for all not just a few. Daxum's box was always evolving to something better.
Rushmore what do you think about deity based teams? Most people will be new to this and won't have huge crews like PECKS or TDT to roll and grind with, and a common PvP faction would foster growth and alliances to fight large guilds and opposing factions later on.

If zones were dictated like so:

[IMG][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][/IMG]

I could be a halfling cleric and find people to group and possibly guild with around the karanas, or if I were a dark-elf wizard I could group and guild with trolls in upper guk.

PvP WILL happens because you can't 1-50 in blackburrow, and you can't raid permafrost as an evil without going through good territory.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:59 PM
Fire Giant

I like aba's idea of -10% xp penalty for casters
NOT binding in dungeons is +1
can bind outside so its not that bad. but at least it cuts down on bind rushing

the FV ruleset?? idk, its a trivial and cool at high end to be able to trade gear between one another
but at the low levels being mediocre geared vs someone with a more uber set of gear not found normally can be disheartening for the broke/new/slow players lol
just deal with the gear you can alrdy twink with imo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-21-2011, 11:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-King Abacab [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rushmore what do you think about deity based teams? Most people will be new to this and won't have huge crews like PECKS or TDT to roll and grind with, and a common PvP faction would foster growth and alliances to fight large guilds and opposing factions later on.

If zones were dictated like so:

[IMG][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][/IMG]

I could be a halfling cleric and find people to group and possibly guild with around the karanas, or if I were a dark-elf wizard I could group and guild with trolls in upper guk.

PvP WILL happens because you can't 1-50 in blackburrow, and you can't raid permafrost as an evil without going through good territory.
The major problem I see with any team proposal is this...

People want to play with who they want to play with. If you are on a team for instance and they don't like yo ass what options do you have?

So your team kills naggy and they don't ever allow you to roll on loot? What then? Can you attack them?

I like FFA for that very reason. PVP should be more like the real world, I think that's why most enjoy it. I don't walk outside and know that the crack looking dude walking down the street won't kill me because he is on my team.

Teams are weak sauce in my opinion. But I for one wouldn't play if there were teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD
Closed Thread