Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 12:10 AM
Planar Protector

you necro threading bastards
Old 07-01-2013, 05:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunny Mage [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've looked around the forum but I haven't been able to find much info... What are the plans for the future of the server after Velious is released?

I know that there are no ambitions to release any other post-Luclin expansions, but at the same time the fact of the matter is that any MMO, no matter how good or bad, gets stale and dies unless new content is released. Will the Proejct 1999 server be instituting any new content after Velious? Or will the server just simply try to hang on as long as it can before people get bored and the population fades away?

Granted this is still a ways off since it will probably be at least a year until Velious comes out. But I hate to think that the server as a whole will have such a limited life span.
This has always been such a myth. An example is EQMac, the same for I don't know how long still going strong. People will come and go but the game if good will live on. People will spread this myth because THEY want it to expand on for selfish reasons but new players will be continously happy to find an Everquest Trilogy server that still exist even if the old hats leave. Guess they will eventually come back too. Like this did this time around. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-01-2013, 05:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by porigromus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This has always been such a myth. An example is EQMac, the same for I don't know how long still going strong. People will come and go but the game if good will live on. People will spread this myth because THEY want it to expand on for selfish reasons but new players will be continously happy to find an Everquest Trilogy server that still exist even if the old hats leave. Guess they will eventually come back too. Like this did this time around. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's why the player market and the raid game and every last one of the epic quests here are so awesomely dynamic and interesting after 2+ years of Kunark. You won't see the same tiny fraction of the player base endlessly farming the same highly desirable content. Definitely never gonna have any epic quests epicly cock-blocked here. Nope. No sirree. Nothing stale at all. Not ever. Move along citizen, nothing to see here.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:50 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's why the player market and the raid game and every last one of the epic quests here are so awesomely dynamic and interesting after 2+ years of Kunark. You won't see the same tiny fraction of the player base endlessly farming the same highly desirable content. Definitely never gonna have any epic quests epicly cock-blocked here. Nope. No sirree. Nothing stale at all. Not ever. Move along citizen, nothing to see here.
Yeah I gotta agree. The barrier to entry to a newer player like myself is astoundingly high if you don't make a class that can make a lot of plat first. If it wasn't for the fact that I can power level people as a bard, I'd still be in lambent with weapons people have pitied on me. I will almost certainly never be able to afford my Epic MQ, let alone actually earn it unless I join TMO. Any time I'm in an area with a highly desirable item, its routinely camped (not that I can really solo camps anyways. Why I didn't make an enchanter is beyond me...).

I'm still having fun as this is my first p99 character, but agreed. If you've been here awhile I can see it getting really stale, really fast unless you have a way to make an absurd amount of plat, or join TMO. From the perspective of a hardcore/endgame player at least. If you just want to dick around in lower dungeons/raids, more power to you.
Old 07-02-2013, 03:59 AM
Planar Protector

Luclin is my favorite expansion.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:56 PM
Sarnak

Not sure if anybody mentioned this, but there could also be an option to have another server open up after velious that is an extension of p99/classicEQ. A server that essential tries to take the interesting elements of later expansions and excludes the shit elements. So, the p99 server could be maintained, and characters could be copied over once they reached a certain level. It might keep people who are burnt out on Velious content from leaving entirely and I don't think it would stretch the community as thin as a new classic server would, since most of the people who would be messing around on the extension server would be those who "beat" Velious, lol.

I like the idea of having some of the cool dungeuns from Luclin and the planes from PoP attached, maybe even Veksar. As has been mentioned before, there could be certain stones in random areas all around classic areas where people would have to travel to and click something that would take them to a plane. Maybe mobs could be nerfed or level cap increased in the places added.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by porigromus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To suggest that over time the population won't drop is pretty silly. Velious will give the raiders a lot to do, but the casual players will only stay engaged in the game for so long, even if it is a number of years. The knowledge that nothing else is coming is an undeniable deterrent to some players as well. Yes, new players will continue to trickle in but the casual players are the ones that will be interacting with them in their earlier levels, they won't even see the raiding guilds outside of EC or until they can raid themselves. Without a big casual player base the game becomes a lot less enticing to new players.

Classic EQ is great, but a person can only play it for so long. I really don't care what they decide to do here after Velious, when I get bored I'll go to a different game.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

p99 after velious?

the same, just more snow.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 07-02-2013, 02:56 PM
Sarnak

I don't know the extent to which they could do it but I wouldn't mind seeing the Devs give custom content a go.

You look at game mods such as counter-strike and the millions of maps, all the battlefield mods (project reality, desert combat, etc) and realize that there are people out there that can do a lot with modding.

Problem is you then go down a road of ruining the game for purists and making your emu a modder emu as opposed to classic EQ.

Still I think it would be fun to see the old content get updated, ie the hate/fear 2.0 type stuff, if custom content zones are possible then add a higher level dungeon off of lguk similar to seb with a dragon or boss type mob etc to keep traffic up in those old places without constantly moving the player base to newer shit.
Old 07-02-2013, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goseals6 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How difficult would it be to actually add the PoP content without PoK/Stones??
Everyone has their preferences, I'd love to see PoP but if they put it in they should either do it fully/properly or not put it in.

It's like saying "Hey guys, Kunark is really cool but what about those EJ evacs? Can't we just make it so that you can evac from any outdoor zone?"

90% of people would probably like to see it put in to take the headache out of getting to CoM/Sebilis but as soon as you start doing something like that, 2 words appear all over the place...
Closed Thread