Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-06-2017, 08:36 PM
Sarnak

Default Error 1017: ERROR: WorldAuthenticate

I've been getting this error every time I try to login. I'm using the loginserver account registered to my forum account.

The error in dbg.txt is "*** ERROR: WorldAuthenticate. My message arrival was NULL, the net has been shutdown"

I'm using a fresh install. I followed the getting started guide. I've read through the FAQ, have updated my drivers, have disabled dual video cards while running EQ, have never run the files I'm not supposed to, have added eqgame.exe as an exception on my firewall. This only happens on p1999 servers, as others servers let me in (though I probably have the wrong files for those servers since they're glitchy).

Please help.
Old 07-06-2017, 09:53 PM
Fire Giant

Are you overclocking your CPU or Motherboard? Thats the only solution I found but Im sure you googled the error yourself by now.
Old 07-06-2017, 10:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you overclocking your CPU or Motherboard? Thats the only solution I found but Im sure you googled the error yourself by now.
I appreciate the thought. I'm not overclocking.

Asus has three settings: power-saving, normal, and high performance. The error persists through all three. So downclocking didn't work.
Old 07-06-2017, 10:50 PM
Sarnak

From reading the error, "My message arrival was NULL, the net has been shutdown," it's like I'm IP Banned or something. Is there a way to check that?
Old 07-07-2017, 12:12 AM
Planar Protector

It's not eqgame.exe u need to exempt setup.dll

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 07-07-2017, 03:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not eqgame.exe u need to exempt setup.dll
I'll give that a shot and see if it works. I also have a shitty laptop with a shitty motherboard and shitty graphics card that I can try. That should narrow things down.
Old 07-07-2017, 07:16 PM
Sarnak

Okay, I tried turning Windows Firewall completely off, and that didn't work.
Old 07-07-2017, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

Re install ur patch files with everything off AV and firewall. Also what kind of internet do you have. Are you using a shitty VPN that can be an issue too.

Next are you using these files to play EQL. If yes then you can't.

If that doesn't work, reinstall the game directly to ur desktop and see if that works.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 07-07-2017, 08:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Re install ur patch files with everything off AV and firewall. Also what kind of internet do you have. Are you using a shitty VPN that can be an issue too.

Next are you using these files to play EQL. If yes then you can't.

If that doesn't work, reinstall the game directly to ur desktop and see if that works.
I'm wired in to a fast Internet connection. I'm not using the files to play EQL, and didn't boot up anything before installing the server patch. The worst part: I've done setup before and am only now having this problem. But I haven't done setup on this particular computer before.

To make sure that's not the problem, I'm going to install directly to the C: drive (not program files) on my shitty laptop, after disconnecting from Internet and turning off firewall and everything, and after making sure my drivers are all updated via SlimDrivers. That should eliminate any possible issues with this computer.

Will post results.
Old 07-07-2017, 10:07 PM
Sarnak

GOT IT!

It's something to do with the computer. I installed it the same way on my shitty laptop and it works there just fine. I'm not overclocking anything, so I'm not sure what the deal is. But if it'll work on my shitty laptop, then that's that. Gives a more classic feel, anyway.