Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 06:41 PM
Sarnak

Honeypot thread plz
Old 12-18-2012, 06:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Barbarians have the Spiritist Hammer. That's pretty much literally it besides Imbued Granite Spauldors. And if you were using the Hammer, that greatly affects your AC, which just about destroys its usefulness 55+ in my opinion.

Get out of here with Barbarian. You are unquestionably the third-place Shaman race.
They also have higher starting Wisdom, which was pretty useful leveling up. They also look better then any other shaman class. The Hammer is non-factor really. Also, Barbs are not evil, have much easier time banking/traveling. Small exp penalty.

There is benefits to playing a barb, mainly the ones I outlined above, but If i were to start again (I have a 57 barb shm) I'd 100% start as a troll.
MassiveMarc: Then we will poopsock in the shade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr View Post
Vox was tanked by hughman in plain sight, we found out that the bard could attack tru the wall there(more lucky than exploit) and we just pilled everyone there.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:19 PM
Sarnak

Isnt it basically that if you have at least a fungi shamans are the most op lvling early on?
Old 12-18-2012, 08:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive Marc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They also have higher starting Wisdom, which was pretty useful leveling up. They also look better then any other shaman class. The Hammer is non-factor really. Also, Barbs are not evil, have much easier time banking/traveling. Small exp penalty.

There is benefits to playing a barb, mainly the ones I outlined above, but If i were to start again (I have a 57 barb shm) I'd 100% start as a troll.
do starting stats really matter? With a full twink stat its not hard to get over 200 in any stat, unless youre a DE warrior.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekreant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
do starting stats really matter? With a full twink stat its not hard to get over 200 in any stat, unless youre a DE warrior.
Yes, in that Ogres and Trolls have massive amounts of Stamina and Strength on Barbarians and Iksar. The faction thing really doesn't matter. Looks are also highly subjective. The experience penalty is an issue, however, because Ogres get the most bang for the buck as well:

______________JBB______________Stun Immune________Regen_________Penalty
Ogre___________x___________________x______________ ________________15%
Troll___________x_________________________________ ____x____________20%
Barbarian_______x_________________________________ __________________5%
Iksar_____________________________________________ ___x_____________20%

If Regeneration = Stun Immune, then the Ogre is the best Shaman race due to experience penalty and superior attributes.
Last edited by Slave; 12-18-2012 at 08:44 PM..
Old 12-18-2012, 09:01 PM
Fire Giant

If such a thing as a Gnome Shaman existed, someone would roll that too. And they'd still be able to do amazing stuff solo - the class is that powerful. In my very humble opinion, the racial traits available as a Shaman are just icing on an already very tasty cake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orruar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, 4 mobs at once in HS south is difficult. I'm a barb. Any ogre shamans soloing HS south regularly yet?
As for you, Mister Orruar, I present to you: six mobs! Okay, so it was in North. I'm not 60 yet! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-18-2012, 10:11 PM
Aviak

Look at the evidence -

Klubba, troll, won shaman BotB

Svenn, barbarian, tops the list of the solo challenge thread

Conclusion, race doesn't really matter. Ogre frontal stun immunity is not a god mode defensive trait. In very rare instances could it possibly save you, sure, but then having the extra regen of a troll/iksar during a long fight could be what saves you too.

Pick whatever you think looks best. For me, that was troll.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hroth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Look at the evidence -

Klubba, troll, won shaman BotB

Svenn, barbarian, tops the list of the solo challenge thread

Conclusion, race doesn't really matter. Ogre frontal stun immunity is not a god mode defensive trait. In very rare instances could it possibly save you, sure, but then having the extra regen of a troll/iksar during a long fight could be what saves you too.

Pick whatever you think looks best. For me, that was troll.
But what if I think iksars look best but they cant use the fabled JBB? what then?
Old 12-18-2012, 10:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elements [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But what if I think iksars look best but they cant use the fabled JBB? what then?
already been stated a bunch of times that if you go iksar, you are in for a challenge.

its a fact that you are at a huge disadvantage not having a jbb.

Some people want to play iksar anyway, and they will do just fine. Many people (including myself) played them to 60 either here or on live. If you really want an iksar, go iksar, and you'll do fine.

No guild is going to reject you because you're a shaman without jbb. they're going to reject you because you're a shaman and they already have 20 active versions of you.
Closed Thread