Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-20-2013, 04:50 AM
Banned

Default I think I have tried everything.

At this point I have done all the recommended suggestions for computers with Intel Dual-Core. I have no idea what to do but running in slow motion isn't my ideal game play. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am going mad! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-20-2013, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

Starting with the basics/obvious - have you shut down everything that you don't need running? I'm in a similar position with my laptop at the moment, it freezes/hangs if I have too much on the go (including trying to view a PDF, weirdly).

Type 'msconfig' into your start/Run bar at the windows logo menu and look at the startup tab... is there anything on there that's running but doesn't look important? Be careful not to shut down key programs but I stopped a bunch of needless shit running as the computer starts up.

I don't know if that's too general, or if Intel Dual Cores are poorly designed and it needs overclocking to operate EQ normally or something?
Old 04-20-2013, 03:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Starting with the basics/obvious - have you shut down everything that you don't need running? I'm in a similar position with my laptop at the moment, it freezes/hangs if I have too much on the go (including trying to view a PDF, weirdly).

Type 'msconfig' into your start/Run bar at the windows logo menu and look at the startup tab... is there anything on there that's running but doesn't look important? Be careful not to shut down key programs but I stopped a bunch of needless shit running as the computer starts up.

I don't know if that's too general, or if Intel Dual Cores are poorly designed and it needs overclocking to operate EQ normally or something?
Yeah =/ I have tried that. I JUST installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 Ultimate to this laptop and updated all its files. There is literally nothing on it besides google chrome/EQ.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:40 AM
Banned

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 4/21/2013, 00:35:34
Machine name: JOSERHOSER-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gateway
System Model: T-6345u
BIOS: BIOS Version 89.27
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T3400 @ 2.16GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 2038MB RAM
Page File: 988MB used, 3088MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Here is some of my tech information if this helps anyone with my problem. =/
Old 04-21-2013, 09:01 AM
Banned

So, after hours of reading I try something that I haven't done. I make another .bat file after trying it once, and then I adjust the settings for all users run in Win XP SP 2 and in Admin mode. For whatever reason, that was the magic trick, and not I can play with very little 'slow motion' that I was experiencing before. Oh, and no more crashing while loading, that's a plus too.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoKnRuiN1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah =/ I have tried that. I JUST installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 Ultimate to this laptop and updated all its files. There is literally nothing on it besides google chrome/EQ.
See, for me that's unrelated but a problem in itself...Firefox til I die [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Glad you fixed it, how much work was involved in creating a new .bat file?
Old 04-21-2013, 10:59 AM
Banned

Well, now I can't get it to work. I am about to restart my laptop to see if this fixes the issue. Last night I was able to play for about 6 hours with next to no slow downs and 0 crashes. At this moment it's running as slow as ever.

But you can change a .txt file by renaming it like this.. "filename.bat" WITH the Quotations, when you use the Save As.. option under File. You will have to confirm the change of the file.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:24 AM
Banned

So I was hoping it was because I set my laptop to 'Sleep' mode, but it's not. The game is back to it's slow motion self.

Might I ask how I can try this 'Overclocking' that you mentioned above? I know my way around computers pretty well I have never tried doing this or even really looked it up.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

It involves some messing around in your PC's BIOS, linked an article which might explain it better than I can [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

http://lifehacker.com/5580998/a-begi...ntel-processor

An alternative RoK, have you tried running P99 with WinEQ? I've never tried it but people have said its better played that way.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It involves some messing around in your PC's BIOS, linked an article which might explain it better than I can [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

http://lifehacker.com/5580998/a-begi...ntel-processor

An alternative RoK, have you tried running P99 with WinEQ? I've never tried it but people have said its better played that way.
I had attempted it, but I don't really care to purchase an account to be able to use it. =/