Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 12-17-2014, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpskugga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
shouldn't the druid epic version of it be able to follow and attack on water ?

"
Tainted Barracuda
QuoteReply
# Nov 17 2001 at 1:06 AM Rating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
The Tainted Barracuda that comes on land is part of the druid epic quest. If you kill the Tainted Barracuda he will spawn the Corrupted Barracuda. The Tainted Barracuda that spawns the corrupted Barracuda is the only that will come up on land.
"

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=5099

_I think it was a way to tell if you had a real one or a fake one, just tag it an pull it up to land if it followed, just kill it and it would spawn the corrupted.
This is confirmed classic. I distinctly remember this tactic being utilized for the druid epic.

Now if only we could get classic projectile flight time / collision functioning. We could do the druid strategy where you stand behind Deep NPC as the Aqua goblins shoot arrows at you, Deep would get hit and immediately own the Aqua goblins.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:24 PM
Aviak

I just submitted a thread about this - going to close it now that this one has gotten attention. So it sounds like deepwater barracuda's shouldn't come on land but the tainted one should, yes?
Old 12-18-2014, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by beev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just submitted a thread about this - going to close it now that this one has gotten attention. So it sounds like deepwater barracuda's shouldn't come on land but the tainted one should, yes?
Sort of.

There are two Tainteds. Only the one that would spawn the corrupted would land walk. The fake one would reset back into the water. As mentioned with the quote posted previously.
Old 12-18-2014, 01:05 PM
Aviak

So hypothetically the one tained that should land walk should also be charm-able and can attack other npc's on land? I guess it would be kind of rude to hold hostage the mob that spawns the corrupted for the druid epic quest.
Old 12-18-2014, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

Correct. Dunno why you're really needing a charmed pet in LoIO though. I used the corrupted for a Xenovorash fight once, that was neat.

You farming courier or something?
Old 12-18-2014, 03:02 PM
Aviak

Bingo Daldaen! Courier is pretty relaxed camp if you can use a barracuda to kill the PH'ers.. I can maintain mana supply using my 56 root and ES vambs to kill the PH's but its a lot slower than sicking the cuda on them.

I'm actually farming it for plat at the moment. I already have a goblin gaz ring I bought by selling my lumi staff.