Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 10:28 PM
Planar Protector

group and dungeon crawl.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:57 PM
Sarnak

Here, in answering this post, I'll allow my own girlfriend to respond:

To qualm any doubt in your minds, this is not Bandito pretending to be his own girlfriend. I actually exist, and am actually a female.

With that out of the way, I'd like to discuss the notion of forcing the game on your girlfriend: in short, don't do it. Have you ever been asked to try a food before that completely disgusts you? The more someone suggests and persuades you to try it, the more you're likely to tell them to fuck off. The same goes for a game. You can't tell her HOW to play it; you can't even suggest that she plays it in a similar fashion to you. Either she'll find aspects of the game that appeal to her personality/ interests, and develop those with your guidance, or she'll try it out and find that no part of it, at all, is for her. And that's okay!

Personally, I've found ways to integrate myself into Bandito's gameplay in fashions that appeal to my quirks: I frequently steal his chat window away from him and type creepy messages to his friends, I play hide and seek with him in Greater Faydark, and I narrate the best fucking tutorial videos you'll find on this side of the universe. I also stalk Ektar, but he's yet to become aware of that.

In conclusion, there's many types of "fun" in this community; allow her to discover her own niche! And if all else fails, you may wanna try welding a dildo to her chair.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarshale [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This. Even better if you can rig it to vibrate a bit every time you guys kill something.
Lol. Positive reinforcement.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:18 PM
Kobold

I would suggest going to some prettier zones instead of disgusting FoB and Kurns. That is one of my least favorite newbie areas in terms of atmosphere. If you're just starting the game, that's gonna leave a bad impression. I would say try to go to places like Oasis, Karanas some, Mistmoore, Lake of Ill Omen, places with a bit more to look at.
Old 06-02-2014, 03:02 PM
Planar Protector

Still stand my my idea
Old 06-03-2014, 01:28 AM
Sarnak

Default That was a good laugh!

Lol. Just dropping in to say, Lojik, your sig is fucking hilarious!
Old 06-03-2014, 03:13 AM
Planar Protector

Do you have any high level characters you can let her play? A lot of the complexity and fun of the game doesn't become obvious until your character really has some levels and access to the higher level strategies. For example... playing a necro in a group and pact-of-shadow healing 2 party members while you use jboots to insta refresh the spell bar so you can cast cancel magic faster on the health drain effect of pact-of-shadow, keeping your first buff slot open so the previous strategy can even work, lifetap-dotting to keep yourself full while lich slowly drains your health, pet controlling with multiple mobs in camp, all the while crowd controlling with root and screaming terror and figuring out the most efficient way to add dps, and if it's worth a spell slot for your undead nuke when only 30% of the mobs being pulled are undead, not to mention keeping your barely-light-blue undead mob charmed and hasted for max DPS .etc

It's a lot more fun than autoattacking skeletons in field of bone, but most people will get bored in the first 10 levels and never realize what they're missing. I've run into similar problems trying to get my friends into this game in the past and I think my main mistake is never getting them to play a high level character.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:20 AM
Kobold

The lower levels are pretty terribly boring below lvl 15-20~ unless I'm in Oasis. Then it's bearable :P
Closed Thread