Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

Make the EC tunnel area able to turn people into vendors...bazaar problem sold. If you're active you'll be pushing your wares manually <3
Old 04-18-2015, 05:29 PM
Fire Giant

SoL modernized the game.

People dislike change.

IMO the Bazaar, mounts, and Spires were too much.

Asher
Old 04-18-2015, 09:29 PM
Sarnak

You could do luclin for the content and not the game changing mechanics.
Old 04-18-2015, 09:33 PM
Banned

seriously if luclin didnt change the art style of the game, i wuld be ok with it. If you were goign to show me this, and say would u be into it? I would say hell yes.. but it turns out I wouldnt be once I logged in. sadface

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-27-2015, 07:58 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They were viewable with old models if you toggled on new elementals and horses. But they looked stupid with old models (which is to be expected). Just made playing a caster and boxing casters far more convenient. Plus it added a great platinum sink.

EC meh, many servers used NFP and GFay. Bazaar is almost no different. There may be a few more AFK people. But there are currently a huge number of AFKers in Tunnel.

The arguments against Bazaar AFK traders, PoK books and instancing always seem to come down to the people disliking these changes due to other players no longer being forced to interact with them. Heaven forbid dudes sell stuff without having to deal with resellers and lowballers. Or dudes having the opportunity to travel easily themselves instead of insisting on inconveniencing another player to assist them in their traveling. Or not being able to permacamp a rare spawn and be able to prevent others from attaining that item.

Player interaction isn't inhibited by these changes unless you choose to let it. No meaningful interaction ever occurs when I sell something or when I port someone. Sure sometimes I may be nice and give someone a good deal because they're new or super classic. But that guy will have forgotten our interaction the next day.

You can still auction stuff off and get ports and set up pickup groups in static content. Or you can choose to use the more convenient features. I'm a proponent of more choice and more freedom.

Ron Paul 2012.
Old 04-27-2015, 01:44 PM
Large Bat

I liked a couple things about Luclin... mainly the new weapon models (I'm always a sucker for more shiny stabby smashies) and I enjoyed the cat-folk well enough.... I even like a couple of the models, namely the elves. But I play Iksar primarily and their awful model was the start of the dislikes.

A lot of the models have piss-poor copy/pasted animation and very muddied-down cultural armor designs... I know I can turn off certain models, but it's the principle of the thing. Honestly one of my biggest problems with it were the introduction of scaling weapons and minimum levels on gear (something I have always hated)... if you have the scratch to buy cool shit, you should be able to enjoy it however you like! And my other big problem is the Bazaar....

You know what classic EQ has that no other modern game including EQlive has? A living, breathing, open market with a soul. Every piece of gear I have obtained from EC has been a fun haggle give and take, and a couple have even lead to adventures to fetch things or the like.... an Auction House/Bazaar completely destroys this personal charm, this face-to-face socializing... I remember most people I have sold to and recognize them in passing and grouping... cant say I could do that in later games.

Short answer? No, keep Luclin out of P1999, especially because there are other servers that feature them.
Old 04-27-2015, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

I personally liked Luclin, the Dragonlance books included their moons into their world so it worked for me.

I'll show myself out
Old 04-27-2015, 06:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
because soe catered to the lowest denominator starting at the release of SoL

cat people were dumb
bazaar ruined trading
new graphics looked like shit
new ui was dumb
mounts were dumb
porting to nexus was dumb
This

Worst was Bazaar... RUINED trading and destroyed the economy.
Old 04-27-2015, 06:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Make the EC tunnel area able to turn people into vendors...bazaar problem sold. If you're active you'll be pushing your wares manually <3
Wont solve the problem and will cuase the same crash of the economy that the Bazzar did. Do that and minus whale just have a searchable index and save the headache of clicking on afk bandwidth eating vendors.

Really hate this aspect of Asian games. Dont bring that stuff to western MMOs.
Old 04-27-2015, 11:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This

Best was Bazaar... Facilitated trading and stabilized the economy.

FIXT FOR YOU
Closed Thread