Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 07-26-2023, 11:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey racist shitter, this isn't RNF.

Hope this helps.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-27-2023, 02:00 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No - toxigen is a real life self admitted chest thumping racist and he's told us he is proud of it. Though I got a chuckle out of your silly meme.
Old 07-27-2023, 09:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No - toxigen is a real life self admitted chest thumping racist and he's told us he is proud of it. Though I got a chuckle out of your silly meme.
thats wildly exaggerated

wouldnt expect much less from one of the kings of the blue gen discord circle jerk though
Old 07-27-2023, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

Personally I have never seen a player take over a Chardok camp on blue from someone who trained out, /q'ed, or gated and then immediately came back. Players on P99 tend to be respectful of players who are camping something.

If you have played in the revamped Chardok, you will have seen these tactics employed on many named mob camps in this zone. I myself have gated out or /q'ed faction hits plenty of times. You can see an example of this here: https://youtu.be/qS3uoIHTu_c?t=251 , where I /q the faction hit from the roamer in graveyard. My Grave Master Zo`lun camp was not taken.

It doesn't really matter how you interpret the P99 camp rules in this situation. Unless you are the type of player who enjoys lawyerquesting camps away from other players, you do not typically see this behavior in Chardok.

If people in this thread want to become Chardok activists and start taking camps from people who trained out, /q'ed, or gated to prove you can do it via the PnP, go ham I guess. You won't be making friends this way, regardless of the outcome.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 07-27-2023 at 10:37 AM..
Old 07-27-2023, 11:25 AM
Aviak

This thread is about analyzing camp rules as they apply to Chardok. I was originally worried about this same problem when beginning Chardok, and quickly came to understand that the code of conduct in this zone works well.

There are four parts to the relevant rule in question:

Quote:
(1)
You can absolutely "camp" mobs, and you cannot steal another players 'camp'.

(2)
In general, if the placeholder or placeholders for a spawn are being killed, that 'camp' can be considered held by the player doing the killing so long as they are keeping the placeholders (or the room if there are no placeholders) cleared, within the same zone, do not die or log off.

(3)
You do not necessarily need to be at the spawn point to call it 'claimed' while it is uncontested, however, if someone else wishes to contest the 'camp' you do need to return to the 'camp' and maintain a presence at or very near the spawn(s) in order to hold it.

(4)
You cannot hold multiple 'camps' if another group wishes to contest one that you are holding. The player holding multiple 'camps' retains the right to choose which 'camp' to give up.
The main question here is how parts (2) and (3) interact. First, part (2) begins with "In general", meaning that it shows the basic intent and guideline. Part (3) is the most specific part of the rule.

Therefore: You do not need to remain at the spawn point of a camp in order to claim it. Killing a PH, gating out, and immediately running back down (arriving long before the respawn) is definitely in line with keeping the placeholders clear and not leaving. This meets both the letter of part (3) and the "in general" intent of part (2).

This is also the code of conduct - if you see a PH down, you assume that someone is camping the spawn. If someone is camping multiple, you can talk to the owner and take over one (letting them choose first).

I too was worried about gate and /q tactics initially, to the point of avoiding Chardok for awhile as I was concerned about losing camps and wasting my time. Turns out that the Chardok people are actually very nice. If you respect everyone else as described above, and they respect you, the arrangement works out well for everyone.
Last edited by Ruien; 07-27-2023 at 11:38 AM..
Old 07-27-2023, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Politics are to be limited to the off topic forum
Old 07-27-2023, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is also the code of conduct - if you see a PH down, you assume that someone is camping the spawn. If someone is camping multiple, you can talk to the owner and take over one (letting them choose first).
Agreed. Generally speaking if you see a PH down, you check in /ooc to see if someone was camping it. You can /w all burning to see if there is a 60 enchanter or something outside and /t them.

Chardok has operated under the unofficial player agreement that people can gate, train out, or /q mobs for years. It was the same way in 2020, when I made this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS3uoIHTu_c

Unofficial player agreements do arise in certain zones. It works like this:

1. A clever player finds a method of clearing a specific mob in a more efficient manner.
2. Another player learns this method.
3. Both players who employ this method become respectful of the method, and apply that respect to new players employing the same method.
4. Rinse/repeat steps 2 and 3 as new players come into the zone and learn the method.

I am not here to argue whether or not the PnP protects these kinds of unofficial player agreements. I am simply pointing out this phenomenon does occur organically in P99, and people tend to go with the flow.

While you may not be reprimanded by a GM for moving into another person's camp when they simply gated the faction hit, you will be breaking the unofficial player agreement.

If you feel very strongly about how Chardok operates, you can attempt to change this unofficial player agreement. You won't be making friends this way, but you can try.
Old 07-27-2023, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

How long do you give the Enchanter to crawl back down from BW?
Old 07-27-2023, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Players who farm in Chardok are often there for hours at a time. You can see the player leave and come back every repop. Players who do this are Chardok factioned, so it doesn't take long to run back. While I haven't timed it, I can't imagine it takes more than a minute or two to run back to Graveyard or Courier. Usually the player will immediately zone back in to Chardok, so they should be able to respond to a CC message.

There's always the possibility that someone simply logs in right when a player gates, so they ask for a CC and don't get a response. That kind of scenario may result in a camp dispute. But again, I haven't seen players run into this issue on Blue. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen, but I have spent quite a few hours in Chardok.

This unofficial player agreement has been followed for years now, and OP should know about it. I don't have an issue with this unofficial player agreement, and most players seem to follow it on Blue.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 07-27-2023 at 02:06 PM..
Old 07-27-2023, 02:22 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It takes 1-3 minutes to run from entrance to any camp in the zone. In this case the PH is dead with a 20-min respawn timer, though. The etiquette / code of conduct / agreement is to wait for a PH to be up for about 2 minutes before taking a camp.

If I log in and see a PH up, I'll do an ooc CC and wait 2 min while standing right in front of the spawn. I'll kill it (claiming the camp) at that point.
Similarly, when finished with a camp, people generally leave the PH up. This signals to everyone else that the camp is now open. It's also somewhat common to see in ooc "camp X open" if someone leaves after holding it for a long time.

This approach allows for camping out buffs, provides buffer time for client crashes, etc. As long as you are there on time for the PHs, people will respect your camp.
Last edited by Ruien; 07-27-2023 at 02:33 PM..