Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

Default An open letter from <Forsaken>

Dear fellow Project 99ers,

In light of the recent events, I would personally like to address the circumstances leading up to the formation of Forsaken and our recent suspension. First and foremost, I have the utmost respect for Rogean and all staff members that make this server, one of the only legitimate classic servers, possible. I feel I can speak for everyone when I say their tireless efforts are much appreciated.

I know there has been some confusion and false rumors about the creation of this guild, so let me take a moment and clear that up. Forsaken was formed for two main reasons: to finally remove the stigma of the tag we formerly held and at the same time keep the community of players together that I have considered family for years. This being the case, nearly everyone who was a part of this family was, of course, welcomed into our new home. The previous guild split into four factions, some to red, some who stayed, some who quit all together, and the remainder who came to Forsaken. A lot of trust and respect was placed in my hands during all this and I'm grateful for that.

Our recent decision to be in class R was for several reasons, and none of which were to blatantly circumvent any rules. There was also no intent to target any guild and it was certainly not done with any intent to disrespect the server rules. It was simply done to get the players that had just gone through a huge transition some time to settle in and get accustomed to our whole new structure, dkp system, forums and leaders. There was no intent to stay in R, we simply just wanted to use the class system as it was intended: to practice in R and move to C, which was absolutely what we were going to do.

If any guilds in class R have felt slighted, please understand this was not our intention by being in R for a short time period. We look forward to putting this misunderstanding behind us and continuing to grow our relationships with any and all guilds. If you feel a member of Forsaken has treated you poorly or have any guild concerns as a whole, please do not hesitate to bring them to me or any of the Forsaken leadership and we will do our best to remedy the situation. We wish you all the best of luck!

Sincerely,
Detoxx
Old 06-12-2015, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

First of all, someone link the forum screen shots that contradict this stated reasoning for going class R. Second, this needs to be addressed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was simply done to get the players that had just gone through a huge transition some time to settle in and get accustomed to our whole new structure, dkp system, forums and leaders.
Parts of the guild bank carried over. DKP was awarded based on merit previously achieved in TMO. The leader was a former officer in TMO. Well, at lest the forums are different.

They still work just as hard on their spin factor, too. RNF in 5... 4... 3... 2...
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Last edited by Samoht; 06-12-2015 at 03:07 PM..
Old 06-12-2015, 03:07 PM
Sarnak

It says a lot about Forsaken and its leadership that you didnt see the huge red flags with doing what you did.
Old 06-12-2015, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchtonedialing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It says a lot about Forsaken and its leadership that you didnt see the huge red flags with doing what you did.
Oh, they did. They just ignored them.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 06-12-2015, 03:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, they did. They just ignored them.
Exactly.
Old 06-12-2015, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchtonedialing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As we considered ourselves a new entity, we simply thought we'd be a Class R guild to start, as that is what has been stated in the past. All new guilds are considered Class R. The fact that TMO is still a guild, and comprised of over 100 members still, can only prove further that we are two entirely different entities.
Old 06-12-2015, 03:19 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is an obvious case of blatant circumvention of the Class Raid System.
I agree with this.
Old 06-12-2015, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

No truce with the shadow.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 06-12-2015, 03:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As we considered ourselves a new entity, we simply thought we'd be a Class R guild to start, as that is what has been stated in the past. All new guilds are considered Class R. The fact that TMO is still a guild, and comprised of over 100 members still, can only prove further that we are two entirely different entities.
Same guild bank, DKP, leaders and 69 out of 74 Forsaken members from TMO but its a new entity? Really? Its a shockingly poor leadership decision and literally the first one you had to make.
Old 06-12-2015, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

I'm just curious how a newly formed guild is considered Class-C when the guild they broke from still has it's existing guild leader, several of the officers and over 100 members.

Is it more offensive for Forsaken to compete in Class-R with obvious intentions to quickly progress to Class-C than two obvious Class-C capable guilds that remain in Class-R and cycle lockout timers between themselves?

Chest, when <Foreceful Entry> formed, Shinko was the guild leader and a former officer of BDA. The membership was also 90%+ BDA members. Did you consider FE as BDA with a different name?
Closed Thread