Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 04:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theldios [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have to disagree with this. I have raised 2 children to be productive members of society and never once did I have to"beat their ass" Parenting is not about hard you can beat your child's ass to get them to do what you want to to behave a certain way. It is about giving them good examples to follow in their lives. And TEACHING them right from wrong. If you do not sit down and explain to them why certain behaviors are wrong then "beating their ass" all day long will not correct the behavior it will only instill fear and hatred and that breeds rebellion.
Hitting your child is never the answer. It should be the last resort.
Sorry, but parenting isn't even HALF of the job of raising a child. Peers and teachers have 50%, if not MORE than 50% of the development of a child. And who cares if you have raised a pair of good children? Anecdotal evidence is so... irrelevant.
Odinty Treeguard - Level 58 Druid (Level 9)
Vmek Shadowsong - Level 51 Bard (Level 5)
Odibin Deathbearer - Level 36 Necromancer (Level 13)
Old 06-17-2011, 04:50 PM
Banned

childbeater ends the argument with "loser says what?"

i rest my case
Old 06-17-2011, 05:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Starship Trooper
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTjbWL6XYoU

Server first Golden Sash of WTFPWN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Unlike modern life, natural selection is alive and well on p99. Adapt or die.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
childbeater ends the argument with "loser says what?"

i rest my case
Except that wasn't my last post, not by 20 minutes. You don't rest shit, that's called Fake It Until You Make It.

And there you are, still trying to equate 'childbeater' with what I said. You still don't get it, and you're still not able to address the specifics of what I have said after correcting you. Notice again how the above post has nothing to do with anything except trying to make yourself look superior.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theldios [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have to disagree with this. I have raised 2 children to be productive members of society and never once did I have to"beat their ass" Parenting is not about hard you can beat your child's ass to get them to do what you want to to behave a certain way. It is about giving them good examples to follow in their lives. And TEACHING them right from wrong. If you do not sit down and explain to them why certain behaviors are wrong then "beating their ass" all day long will not correct the behavior it will only instill fear and hatred and that breeds rebellion.
Hitting your child is never the answer. It should be the last resort.
You missed the point of my post completely. I never once said it was the only way to do it. Im saying that in the world today everyone is looking for a reason to call CPS on you and have your kids taken.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihealyou [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Older generation complains about the younger one, details at 11
lmao
Old 06-17-2011, 05:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except that wasn't my last post, not by 20 minutes. You don't rest shit, that's called Fake It Until You Make It.

And there you are, still trying to equate 'childbeater' with what I said. You still don't get it, and you're still not able to address the specifics of what I have said after correcting you. Notice again how the above post has nothing to do with anything except trying to make yourself look superior.
You have told me you draw a distinction between physical punishment and violence. I disagree. There's not really any way to address that judgement call logically without some scientific evidence neither of us have. The rest is posturing so I'm not sure where your indignation is coming from.

I hope this clears up why I have estimated that you are a barbarian.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:28 PM
Aviak

This thread is one of many examples of how reasonable argument applied to children does not always result in said children getting a clue, thus physical correction is required.

Stormhowl, you are just going to have to paddle young Japan's backside.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:44 PM
Planar Protector

THIS THREAD IS GOING PLACES
Old 06-17-2011, 05:47 PM
Planar Protector

Doors your avatar and yendor's sig give me a fucking panic attack when i browse these forums @ work.
Closed Thread