Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 12:41 PM
Kobold

Default Is everybody insane?

This is the first time I have been in this forum, and most of the posts seem likes someone chucked a dictionary into a wood chipper and random words just floated on a page. I mean really... Most of the things I have seen here are just incomprehensible garbage, ... why?
Old 06-17-2011, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryandward [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the first time I have been in this forum, and most of the posts seem likes someone chucked a dictionary into a wood chipper and random words just floated on a page. I mean really... Most of the things I have seen here are just incomprehensible garbage, ... why?
Welcome to the internet.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 06-17-2011, 12:49 PM
Kobold

Welcome to the internet. You didn't think it was all Bing and CNN.com did you?
Old 06-17-2011, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

I only read the title and the answer is: yes

I know, it's sad.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:52 PM
Sarnak

I feel your pain. I majored in English and am working on my Education degree. It hurts to read some of the crap people type, probably more so knowing that's going to be my future in a few years. >.>

It's the Internet. People don't care about being articulate. They see proper English as a sign that you're a pompous ass and they are willing to troll you or disregard your opinions because you "act like you're better than them". Speaking from personal experience, obviously.
Odinty Treeguard - Level 58 Druid (Level 9)
Vmek Shadowsong - Level 51 Bard (Level 5)
Odibin Deathbearer - Level 36 Necromancer (Level 13)
Old 06-17-2011, 12:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormhowl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I majored in English
hahahahahahaha
Old 06-17-2011, 12:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormhowl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel your pain. I majored in English and am working on my Education degree. It hurts to read some of the crap people type, probably more so knowing that's going to be my future in a few years. >.>

It's the Internet. People don't care about being articulate. They see proper English as a sign that you're a pompous ass and they are willing to troll you or disregard your opinions because you "act like you're better than them". Speaking from personal experience, obviously.
It's a sign of the emerging culture being one that has no interest in bettering themselves. Any criticism they see as an attack, due to being raised without having any discipline in their lives. The end result is people never leave the mental state of childhood, even when they are technically adults. Battleship Troopers (the book obviously, not the movie) called it.

We're pretty fucked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Leapfrogging is a dick move. It's not about "rules" or "ZOMG IT HAPPENED ON MY SERVER ITS FAIR".
Truth.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryandward [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its RnF wtf do you expect? Intelligent discussions?
Old 06-17-2011, 01:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hahahahahahaha
Oh please, like I haven't seen that several dozen times before. Try harder. Even 4chan would've banned you for such a failure of an attempt at trolling.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a sign of the emerging culture being one that has no interest in bettering themselves. Any criticism they see as an attack, due to being raised without having any discipline in their lives. The end result is people never leave the mental state of childhood, even when they are technically adults. Battleship Troopers (the book obviously, not the movie) called it.

We're pretty fucked.
It doesn't help when school divisions bend over backwards to avoid lawsuits because Little Billy is special ('cause Mommy says so!) and you cannot fail him! The teachers are clearly picking on him! And stop marking with red pen, it's damaging to children's egos! etc...

A huge problem is the parents instilling this idea on their children that they're special while at the same time neglecting to raise them properly and leaving that job for the TV and/or video games. Parents don't care like they used to.
Closed Thread