Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 05:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've mostly been into motorcycles since I was a teenager but have been getting into cars as I get older. Bikes are just easy to work on, faster than cars, and a hell of a lot fun to ride. I picked up my '02 WS-6 TA a while back and my father-in-law and me are restoring his numbers matching '67 Firebird. We thought it would be cool for us to have the first and last years of the Firebird. My TA just has the standard bolt-ons. The cars only got 55k on it so I'd like to wait until it gets to 100k or something blows before tearing it down, tinkering with the internals, and swapping the rearend. This pic was from about a month ago. Fun car and definitely a head turner.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love ws-6's and z28 / SS's some of my fav domestic rides. That gloss black is perfect on it. Nice ride.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:26 PM
Banned

I know the thread has Junkie in the title it is probably what led Gaffin to it.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellapse40 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know the thread has Junkie in the title it is probably what led Gaffin to it.
this isnt a thread for nerds with no life, please exit.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawll [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No off roaders here? Just Japanese imports is all I see ;/
Post what you want! Its a gear-head thread, I just like my imports. Nothing wrong with some domestic or offroad, just not into it anymore myself.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaffin 7.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nice, they have a website or anything? I most get all my stuff from Z1. sometimes local stuff pops up but not much around here in the panhandle FL

i was honestly wanting to build a fox 5.0 for fun but never got around to doing it.

nice car btw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://www.fanddautocare.com/

Thats their website. If you look at some of the pics you will see the 20-30 Z cars they have laying around. They also specialize in being able to track down and order lots of hard to get wheels.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaffin 7.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Post what you want! Its a gear-head thread, I just like my imports. Nothing wrong with some domestic or offroad, just not into it anymore myself.
I use to be into fast cars myself till I did some trails with a old wrangler. I just picked up a 14 wrangler 2 months and damn I never had so much fun with cars since I started to drive. I find it way more fun to crawl some rocks or do a water crossing then to just rip it on the street. It's way to risky for the car taking it out on the track to really do some technical driving then to just hit up a local wheeling spot for technical trails.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:05 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawll [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I use to be into fast cars myself till I did some trails with a old wrangler. I just picked up a 14 wrangler 2 months and damn I never had so much fun with cars since I started to drive. I find it way more fun to crawl some rocks or do a water crossing then to just rip it on the street. It's way to risky for the car taking it out on the track to really do some technical driving then to just hit up a local wheeling spot for technical trails.
I have just gotten into offroading a little as well. I bought a Toyota Tacoma (3ltr turbo diesel) to actually tow my race car around with, but went offroad abit with some friends recently and loved it. Since then have put a set of 2" lifted struts and springs into the front and have chased down some 32" mud tyres for it. Where I live it is mostly mud or sand for offroading. Probably buy a winch next so I can be self dependent.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have just gotten into offroading a little as well. I bought a Toyota Tacoma (3ltr turbo diesel) to actually tow my race car around with, but went offroad abit with some friends recently and loved it. Since then have put a set of 2" lifted struts and springs into the front and have chased down some 32" mud tyres for it. Where I live it is mostly mud or sand for offroading. Probably buy a winch next so I can be self dependent.
Yea a good winch, good MTs and airing down to 15ish PSI can get you anywhere.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:45 PM
Planar Protector

Just sold my 08 wrx sti, have a MB c55 AMG now. 5.5L is pretty fun for a lux sedan.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen1080 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just sold my 08 wrx sti, have a MB c55 AMG now. 5.5L is pretty fun for a lux sedan.
nice which do you like the most?
Closed Thread