Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Trading Hub

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 08:04 AM
Banned

Default Beware of Scammer!: Shamsade

Just wanted to warn those who play this game and may be too trusting to people they know or don't know.
Recently Sprawlz ( that reseller guy in ec ) got scammed for an iksar bp. You can find the forum thread in the main server threads i think?

Shamsade of <Dawn Believers> tried to pull the same trick on me as he did sprawlz.
He asked to buy my JBB, he left his exp group to come meet me in EC.. Asked to "try on the JBB" before he bought it and that he had the money on that character.
So as i witnessed him run around at normal sow speed around ec in his gear value ranging up to 300-500pp, I figured hm.. this guy obviously doesn't have the plat. He popped /anon on. I got suspicious on how he was acting and did a /petition.
Now i can not verify if the person who sent me a tell while i was afk was a GM or not but i did receive a tell stating. "Dont give him the JBB. I cannot verify that he doesn't have the pp on a different account. However, i can assure you that it isn't coming from the one he is logged into. "

After that i looked on forums to see if this guy's name has been thrown up anywhere and surely enough he scammed sprawlz of all people.

Now -> This post isn't to soil anyone's name. It's just a fair warning that there are people out there who i guess don't feel bad about scamming people on this.. 15-17 year old game lol.

Anyways, be careful on who you trust and hopefully Shamsade <Dawn Believers> hasn't scammed anyone else. Sorry that you had to be the one cheated, Sprawlz!.
Old 03-02-2017, 08:49 AM
Planar Protector

This is an incorrect use of the trade forum and I have reported your post.
Old 03-02-2017, 09:35 AM
Large Bat

I hate that this is my first post on the forums, but i am posting just to back up this persons story. I met shamsade when he was level 12 just a week ago. I showed him where the ec tunnel was and gave him some tips as he had just started p1999 and i like to welcome noobs and help them out, being a tad more than a noob myself.

So i friended him, hopeful that i may have found a shammie partner for my monk. And he seemed really nice. In a week his character has reached level 31 (maybe 32 now?) which granted is extremely fast. My main is 33 and ive been playing her many hours a day for two months.. granted i waste a lot of time exploring and doing stupid quests and whatnot. So whatever, to each his own. Some ppl like to level really fast i figure.

So he asked me to do a transfer for him between two of his alts, a level 1 and a level 5, which i was happy to do for him. i can confirm he has a ceremonial iksar chestplate on one of his alts as i did the trade for him. He also has many other popular items for mid level players worth maybe an additional 2k plat? It actually is probably more than that, but givrn my lack of ec skillz im being conservative. Lets just say his alts are way better geared than my main. I was a bit surprised he had such a high end items for someone who has been playing for such a short time (maybe 2-3 weeks max?) Based on where he was at when i met him. But i suppose its possible he has some very rich friends.

in the midst of the transfer someone oocd a warning that he had scammed sprawlz and attempted to scam another person. I mentioned this to him and he replied 'oh that guys just mad cuz he trained us in mistmoore and i got into it with him' and kind of shrugged it off. Personally, if somone was falsely slandering my name in ooc, i would be freaking the hell out. In addition, 'that guy' in question was level 8 and in EC.

Those are the facts i can offer in this situation. Im not very ec savvy and dont know what the protocol is for dealing with this kind of thing, but i just wanted to share my experience. Draw whatever conclusions you may from it. i guess the lesson is,dont let ppl try on items and be wary of doing transfers with ppl u dont know extremely well. Apparently its safer to drop stuff on the ground and pray.

On a lighter note, i love this server and Im having a blast playing EQ again. I dont post often, (because im still relearning how to play and dont have much to offer) and am just starting to peruse the various threads. Im usually playing so i have a hard time finding time to forum quest. But im very happy to be here nonetheless and hope this information is helpful. I dont know how the GMs handle this kind of thing but i do have screenshots so if anyone wants to contact me, i can provide them. Im eternally grateful for the admins and GMs who run this game and will do what i can to help. The EQ community has for the most part been wonderful and i would like to do what i can to contribute to the positivity. Unfortunately dealing with this kinda stuff is part of doing that it seems. :P
Old 03-02-2017, 10:05 AM
Aviak

Hey all, this is Allio, leader of the Dawn Believers.

I've removed Shamsade from my guild as it clearly is not what we stand for. And I hope he's banned for life. P99 has NO room for thieves. Absolutely none.

I truly hope all stolen items can be returned to their original owners. I'm sorry in general that this happened and I'm sorry it was one of our members.

As I said - he's gone and there won't be any second chances. Thievery is flat out unacceptable. EQ is a place where you EARN what you get.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle333 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey all, this is Allio, leader of the Dawn Believers.

I've removed Shamsade from my guild as it clearly is not what we stand for. And I hope he's banned for life. P99 has NO room for thieves. Absolutely none.

I truly hope all stolen items can be returned to their original owners. I'm sorry in general that this happened and I'm sorry it was one of our members.

As I said - he's gone and there won't be any second chances. Thievery is flat out unacceptable. EQ is a place where you EARN what you get.
What do you have to say about the allegations that Shamsade is your alt?
Old 03-02-2017, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle333 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ is a place where you EARN what you get.
Bless you. Unfortunately, there are many guilds here that don't believe that and prefer the welfare approach.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What do you have to say about the allegations that Shamsade is your alt?
You win the internet
Old 03-02-2017, 02:56 PM
Fire Giant

if he scammed Spawlz u should of promoted him to an Officer.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:59 PM
Kobold

lol chortled ^
Old 03-02-2017, 04:37 PM
Sarnak

Was just in EC and this dude just tried to scam me, thanks Xaeophi for making this forum post.
Closed Thread