Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 04:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angkar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Admins had no clue wtf they were doing with PvP box.

Wont release source cause Adsense / Paypal donations would dry up.

EQ EMU project KIA.

Fortunately for those of us on the box, it's still up and stable. TBH I'd have pulled the plug on both servers by now if I were "Lord Emperor Rogean" or "Lady Angel nilbog" simply because of the bottom-of-the-barrel community that is left here to deal with. PVP crowd blows smoke up their asses for months after all traces of VZTZ vanished in hopes of a server. They literally couldn't move a foot without one of those faggots offering to adjust their nuts for them first.

Mistakes were probably made. But what it mostly comes down to is cheaters being grudging of the fact that they got penalized while others didn't. Does that make the cheaters that got a ban worthy of keeping around? Fuck naw. Busted and sentenced. Take the consequences of your actions and deal with them already imo.

If I thought the server could survive another purging of cheaters I'd say do it (if they really were / still are - where's video / chat / vent evidence btw? Not sure I've seen any yet tbh). But something everyone needs to understand (especially Harrison) is that this is not retail. This is not 1999 where most of us lost our MMO virginity to EverQuest. The game is no longer mythical but now mechanical in that we know the in's and out's. Most of us are no longer those sad little addicts, hiding behind EQ for the entirety of our school nights and summers engulfed entirely in the experience and joy of the game. We attempt to recreate those feelings by coming here, but ultimately they are lost. Due to that fact, banning something like 30-50% of your current active population in the case of the MQ sting on P99 might not be in your (our) best interest for a population that is already a small minority on the internet and dwindling over time.

Especially since I'd wager 70% or better of that statistic never used the more active of hacks, like warping or speeding. These people were our friends and a large part of our community, and most of you were oblivious and unaffected by what they were doing, but that's for a different discussion I suppose.

R99 wasn't destined to come out of the gate as perfect. Part of which is a severe lack of beta testing and the people that cried to skip it. Any standing bugs and inaccuracies are the result of an already stressed staff and lack of community research. You reap what you sow and such pals. But the truth of the matter is that Red 99 is still an active and playable PVP server. The people that choose to enjoy it do so - and there is nothing preventing those of you here crying on the forums from still enjoying it also (minus cheating).
Old 05-08-2012, 04:37 PM
Orc

Quote:
bottom-of-the-barrel community that is left here to deal with
You are retarded.

Stopped reading there.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:37 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-08-2012, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 456 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are retarded.

Stopped reading there.
If you think the community left here is in any way comparable to what it was 1? 2 years ago? Or ever WAS comparable to the community EverQuest had back in '99, you're a dolt. You attempt so hard to come across as an intelligent person with the posts and cute graphs you make, but comments like that above discredit you entirely.

Oh, I suppose you're right. Rogean and Nilbog should definitely continue funding two servers that they likely receive little donations towards these days, and instead have to contend on a regular basis with allegations of corruption on a project they don't make you pay to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's ironic because I didn't read the scrolling text until the 10th or so animation loop.

A++ would view again
Old 05-08-2012, 05:05 PM
Orc

Quote:
a project they don't make you pay to play.
"Free" defense.

Ya, you are 15yrs old and dumb.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 456 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Free" defense.

Ya, you are 15yrs old and dumb.
Free service, shit pvp community. Generosity without gratitude. I'm sure you'll overcome the mental ineptitude long enough to understand the simple concept. Or maybe not...

I see you didn't make any counter-argument either, which reinforces my previous point(s) about the community here turning to shit. Fyi, the "free" defense is perfectly plausible to justify the way the staff here responds to and treats the community these days.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:48 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardalicious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Free service, shit pvp community. Generosity without gratitude. I'm sure you'll overcome the mental ineptitude long enough to understand the simple concept. Or maybe not...

I see you didn't make any counter-argument either, which reinforces my previous point(s) about the community here turning to shit. Fyi, the "free" defense is perfectly plausible to justify the way the staff here responds to and treats the community these days.
You are a fucking idiot. If they charged they would be liable for damages against Sony.

Why do I even need to make a counter-argument against stupidity?

Google offers their shit for free. Does that mean they can be worthless fucks?

You are a downs child
Old 05-08-2012, 05:54 PM
Banned

feigi youre fuckin creepy pal
Old 05-08-2012, 06:00 PM
Orc

If 20-50 players online is any indication that the staff has absolutely no clue how to keep pvp alive, than you are retarded.

vztz lasted longer with a higher population than this mess
Old 05-08-2012, 06:11 PM
Planar Protector

I hear EZ server has good xp rate and you can 2box
Closed Thread