Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 05:39 PM
Large Rat

Default Question Regarding EQClassic.org (Please don't bite my head off!)

Having just discovered Project1999 today, I instantly started signing up and downloading whatever I would need to get into a (decent!) EverQuest world again (I tried live EverQuest a couple of times since 2001 and I just can't stand it... it's full of WoW kiddies lol).

Browsing the forums, i've just seen Secrets (developer) who I know used to work with EQClassic.org. I had problems with EQClassic.org because I had the audacity to ask a few questions, as I hadn't heard of Project1999 at the time (sorry, I truly wish I had!), and YeahLight went on a banning spree (IP-range ban) so I couldn't contact anybody with regard to the website, forums, or IRC. Not that I was pissed off by that, of course (anonymous proxies are good fun) :P

So I was just wondering... how's life 'on the other side', as it were, Secrets? and anybody else that escaped the EQClassic project?

Pyra
Formerly of Erollisi Marr
Grinda 60 Warrior
Pyrastilia 60 Necromancer
Old 09-17-2010, 06:03 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyraGrinda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having just discovered Project1999 today, I instantly started signing up and downloading whatever I would need to get into a (decent!) EverQuest world again (I tried live EverQuest a couple of times since 2001 and I just can't stand it... it's full of WoW kiddies lol).

Browsing the forums, i've just seen Secrets (developer) who I know used to work with EQClassic.org. I had problems with EQClassic.org because I had the audacity to ask a few questions, as I hadn't heard of Project1999 at the time (sorry, I truly wish I had!), and YeahLight went on a banning spree (IP-range ban) so I couldn't contact anybody with regard to the website, forums, or IRC. Not that I was pissed off by that, of course (anonymous proxies are good fun) :P

So I was just wondering... how's life 'on the other side', as it were, Secrets? and anybody else that escaped the EQClassic project?

Pyra
Formerly of Erollisi Marr
Grinda 60 Warrior
Pyrastilia 60 Necromancer
Hi. Sorry for tracking you down back on EQClassic. I was wronged as much as you were. Enjoy your stay here; it's a lot better on the flip side. It may not be as classic, but it's more enjoyable.

Life on the flip side is good, though. I still have high hopes for EQClassic though. If they have the dedication to put in the effort we made with a smaller team, more power to them.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 09-17-2010, 06:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi. Sorry for tracking you down back on EQClassic. I was wronged as much as you were. Enjoy your stay here; it's a lot better on the flip side. It may not be as classic, but it's more enjoyable.

Life on the flip side is good, though. I still have high hopes for EQClassic though. If they have the dedication to put in the effort we made with a smaller team, more power to them.
Not as classic as what lol? A bunch of flaming tards posting in a useless forum?
Old 09-17-2010, 06:09 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaiyah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not as classic as what lol? A bunch of flaming tards posting in a useless forum?
EQClassic actually have a decent codebase, the only thing they are severely lacking is a netcode and database, really.

I know because I used to dev there on the database.

There's a copy of EQC available on code.google.com/p/projecteqemu under archived releases, if anyone ever wanted to mess with it. I'll admit; a few of their systems were adapted to EQEmu. They did some things better than we did, we did some things better than they did. Best part is EQEmu is open, so they can just take whatever. There's some things in P1999 that is better than even EQEmu, though. Rogean has done a lot of work making it better and more stable than EQEmu has ever been. I'd like to see if we can get the changes into eqemu's svn at some point, but that's probably wishful thinking.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Closed Thread