Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-19-2013, 04:47 PM
Aviak

Despite other games running fine, I think it's a hardware issue. Here are some tests you can run:
Running Furmark for 15 minutes or so will rule out the possibility that your video card is failing or overheating.
Running prime95 and Furmark at the same time for 15 minutes will usually rule out the possibility that it is a power supply issue.
Running memtest for a few hours (or over night) will rule out the possibility that this is ram related (this must be run from bootable media).

You said that you set the max fps to 60, but that might not make any difference if the computer cannot produce more than 60 or if vsync is enabled. You could try setting it to 40 fps and ensure that the system is easily able to handle that (if not, lower resolution or turn off AA or anything that is slowing it down). If it is a hardware problem, reducing the strain on the system may stop it from crashing without having to replace anything.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:29 PM
Planar Protector

Any update on this? I started having the exact same problems recently. After checking this thread, I reinstalled Windows to ensure it wasn't a software issue. I had no luck with this. I then lowered my FPS to 40 and turned off spell effects to reduce the strain on hardware and that seemed to make a slight difference but the occurrence was still there, albeit rarely. I attempted to run Furmark and after about 90 seconds in I had a restart. I just bought a brand new GPU about 2-3 months ago, and my PSU is about 4 years old with a 5 year guarantee. Any advice??
Old 12-24-2014, 03:29 AM
Sarnak

My computer started doing this over the past few days. I think it's hard drive related but I'm not sure. My friend's hard drive once started going bad. He created a partition with the bad sectors and he didn't have any more problems. I'm going to try this eventually or buy a new hard drive.
Old 12-24-2014, 12:22 PM
Fire Giant

To be honest if your computer works with other games, and doesn't with p99, then you're going to have a very difficult time fixing this if a solution even exists.

However, if it does happen with other games too, I would recommend the power supply as a next step. If it's not that, then it's probably the mobo.