Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 11:55 PM
Planar Protector

Question What ruleset would be cool to play on?

Disclaimer: This is not a "wipe it" thread.

What kind of ruleset would be cool if there was ever a hypothetical third server?
  • Purple server -- Some kind of mix between a PvE and PvP server. Possible Ideas: Code it so guilds can mass PvP to contest for raid targets, but basically a PvE server other than that.
  • Standard Blue -- A second PvE server exactly like Project1999 Blue with Classic Timeline Progression (~10 months of Classic, ~9 months of Kunark).
  • Discord - Short-lived PvP Server where you reset to level 1 if you die. Points given for killing other players. The players with the most points at the end of the server's existence are rewarded with character transfers to Blue or Red and awarded special gear.
  • Sullon Zek--EverQuest server in which the players were separated into teams based on religion: good, evil, neutral. The level limits of the other PvP servers were removed, allowing someone of the highest level to kill someone of the lowest level, though there were limits on experience loss and looting.
  • Original Firiona Vie - Roleplay-encouraged PvE server where every character has an "alignment" that determines whether or not they can group/guild with other characters, buff or receive buffs, and experience bonus or penalty. Trivial Loot Code applies (items don't drop off a mob unless you got XP from killing it). See full ruleset here.
  • Tallon Zek and Vallon Zek--PvP servers which formed teams based on race.
  • Rallos Zek--PvP server which had no teams and item (and coin) loot.
  • Other--Explain your suggestion below.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:02 AM
Banned

I played on Tallon Zek and Loved it so much when i started as a Woodelf Druid, we would form raiding parties and go kill shorty's (gnomes ect) and darkies (all evil races) all day.

The old days were fun....
Old 07-27-2013, 12:03 AM
Large Bat

Hardcore Blue server with an extended timeline. You die you go back to level 1. Make a leaderboard.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:05 AM
Sarnak

Firiona Vie.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:06 AM
Large Bat

Instead of a whole new server i wouldnt mind a Project M event. Something that WAS done in the classic era ( Velious ) http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Project_M - Now of course its a coding nightmare and like article states, would end up being a mess in most parts. It would still be amazing, given that many newbie areas on server, though not all bustling, are still active enough to make it a nice diversion. OF course it would be fun as hell on top of it.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by teija [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played on Tallon Zek and Loved it so much when i started as a Woodelf Druid, we would form raiding parties and go kill shorty's (gnomes ect) and darkies (all evil races) all day.

The old days were fun....
Old 07-27-2013, 12:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Disclaimer: This is not a "wipe it" thread.

What kind of ruleset would be cool if there was ever a hypothetical third server?
  • Purple server -- Some kind of mix between a PvE and PvP server. Possible Ideas: Code it so guilds can mass PvP to contest for raid targets, but basically a PvE server other than that.
  • Standard Blue -- A second PvE server exactly like Project1999 Blue with Classic Timeline Progression (~10 months of Classic, ~9 months of Kunark).
  • Discord - Short-lived PvP Server where you reset to level 1 if you die. Points given for killing other players. The players with the most points at the end of the server's existence are rewarded with character transfers to Blue or Red and awarded special gear.
  • Sullon Zek--EverQuest server in which the players were separated into teams based on religion: good, evil, neutral. The level limits of the other PvP servers were removed, allowing someone of the highest level to kill someone of the lowest level, though there were limits on experience loss and looting.
  • Original Firiona Vie - Roleplay-encouraged PvE server where every character has an "alignment" that determines whether or not they can group/guild with other characters, buff or receive buffs, and experience bonus or penalty. Trivial Loot Code applies (items don't drop off a mob unless you got XP from killing it). See full ruleset here.
  • Tallon Zek and Vallon Zek--PvP servers which formed teams based on race.
  • Rallos Zek--PvP server which had no teams and item (and coin) loot.
  • Other--Explain your suggestion below.
[*]Purple server -- Some kind of mix between a PvE and PvP server. Possible Ideas: Code it so guilds can mass PvP to contest for raid targets, but basically a PvE server other than that. +[*]Original Firiona Vie - Roleplay-encouraged PvE server where every character has an "alignment" that determines whether or not they can group/guild with other characters, buff or receive buffs, and experience bonus or penalty. Trivial Loot Code applies (items don't drop off a mob unless you got XP from killing it). See full ruleset here. #1

FV Purple Server. + 1 item loot. I wouldn't restrict groups by alignment.

Discord/Rallos #2 but not for main play time.

By the way your post is extremely well thought out, good job defining the rule sets.

FV was cool but, by itself in PvE doesn't quite stand on its own.

I havn't seen a teams coded server (Sullon) that I would try... ever again... hardcoded guilds are better.

Teams were cool though, it did make the game more atmospheric and immersive. FV was legit.
Last edited by runlvlzero; 07-27-2013 at 12:18 AM..
Old 07-27-2013, 12:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by runlvlzero
By the way your post is extremely well thought out, good job defining the rule sets.
Thanks man. I forgot to add a poll though (can a mod do that?)

I personally agree some kind of Purple or F.V. server would be tight.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:33 AM
Fire Giant

classic server+ aas
Old 07-27-2013, 02:07 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arteker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
classic server+ aas

Rainja Time~
Closed Thread