Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

If you think you need to play 30 hours a week you're completely wrong. I don't play even close to that and I'm doing ok.

I'm going to make a suggestion to dev/image to raise the guard KOS in hostile cities to 51 so fresh 50s can buy spells/train etc without issues.
Old 11-28-2014, 12:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you think you need to play 30 hours a week you're completely wrong. I don't play even close to that and I'm doing ok.

I'm going to make a suggestion to dev/image to raise the guard KOS in hostile cities to 51 so fresh 50s can buy spells/train etc without issues.
Yeah but you are in a guild with people that play 24/7. I'm not saying you can't play and not be on 30 hours a week, but you would need to be guilded with others that do.
Old 11-28-2014, 05:49 PM
Planar Protector

That just isn't true man. Plus I was level 60 with full thurg quest armor before I even joined that guild playing far under 30 hours a week.

Stop believing the bs a few individuals post. There is no way you played enough yourself to form this opinion, because if you had played enough you wouldn't have the opinion.
Old 11-29-2014, 11:11 PM
Fire Giant

I log in 2-3 times a week for a few hours just to PvP.

Server is fun, all we need is more population. Shoot me a PM here or send me a tell on Darksinga if you see me on, I'll help you get started.

PS in KOS cities you are able to invis past the guards to make it to spell merchants. Also I would strongly recommend insta 50'ing a druid first so you can port over your other toons to West Commons.
Old 11-30-2014, 12:14 AM
VIP / Contributor

some people just want to log in, pvp a little bit and log out. essentially they want an EZ Server (referring to the actual eqemu server, not firing shots) ruleset but with a pvp focus. and i know theres a niche of players that are looking for exactly that.

however, in my opinion, thats not EverQuest. and anyone looking for EverQuest won't stick around on that server. just as hopefully anyone looking for an EZ Server (again the eqemu server) with PvP, will stick around on RoZ.

also
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you ruled out everyone under level 50 logged into R99 whats the pop? 100? Not that many more honestly.
last week players QQ that red99 is too top heavy and gets no new players. This week players QQ that red99 is too sub50 heavy and would only have 1/3rd of its current population without sub50 players

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 11-30-2014, 01:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EZ Server EZ Server
confirmed: shots fired.
Old 11-30-2014, 10:41 PM
VIP / Contributor

I wouldn't say EZ Server is an accurate description of that server. The owner of EZ when he was still alive told me he specifically made the server named EZ to attract people. He wanted it to be a 'hook' for people to check it out by having a flashy name

After that, he made the server too hard in an attempt to kill it off. That backfired and that's why EZ is where it is today; people had fun bashing their heads against impossibly hard content.

tl;dr EZ Server isn't intended to be EZ.

Legacy of Zek or whatever is awesome, though. EQEmu Guildwars PvP is something that image/devn00b have kept through the years and to be honest it's kind of fun, but very niche. Honestly I think if the red server had a flat 250% increase in base experience gains before group modifiers that you'd see more players on it and LoZ wouldn't even be a thing.

People who play PvP want to PvP at endgame, they don't want to sit on their ass getting griefed by level 15 twinked out characters from endgame raiders or sit in crushbone grinding NPCs. That's just fact.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 12-01-2014, 09:47 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly I think if the red server had a flat 250% increase in base experience gains before group modifiers that you'd see more players on it and LoZ wouldn't even be a thing.

People who play PvP want to PvP at endgame, they don't want to sit on their ass getting griefed by level 15 twinked out characters from endgame raiders or sit in crushbone grinding NPCs. That's just fact.
if it as up to me, r99 would have always had the same live like xp as blue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 12-01-2014, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wouldn't say EZ Server is an accurate description of that server. The owner of EZ when he was still alive told me he specifically made the server named EZ to attract people. He wanted it to be a 'hook' for people to check it out by having a flashy name

After that, he made the server too hard in an attempt to kill it off. That backfired and that's why EZ is where it is today; people had fun bashing their heads against impossibly hard content.

tl;dr EZ Server isn't intended to be EZ.

Legacy of Zek or whatever is awesome, though. EQEmu Guildwars PvP is something that image/devn00b have kept through the years and to be honest it's kind of fun, but very niche. Honestly I think if the red server had a flat 250% increase in base experience gains before group modifiers that you'd see more players on it and LoZ wouldn't even be a thing.

Concur~
Old 12-01-2014, 05:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kringe you gonna play teams?

Teams? There is no teams server...
Quote:
Originally Posted by inimegalg View Post
kringe always come up big.. thanks bro

wish we were guilded together n pvping but i think selena/keto carrying over some shit that happened in WoW and black listed me from holocaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb9 View Post
you are a prized screenshot my friend, you arent the type to just sit around afk and let it happen'
Closed Thread