Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 05:44 PM
Planar Protector

This has so much potential.

Nilbog and Rogean (and all the staff who made p99 a success) deserve a real congratulations.

This is unprecedented. I'm especially loving the fact that they could realistically turn to p99 as a source to help recreate classic EQ on live. Wow. Just wow.

From a hobbyist's point of view (loving EQ) this is just so cool...congrats guys.
Planar Protector

Pras
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99 can't sell Titanium, but Daybreak could.
You don't say
Old 04-29-2015, 05:45 PM
Fire Giant

now we can all play the live progression server together!
Old 04-29-2015, 05:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rec [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
now we can all play the live progression server together!
I can't decide whether to go with 2 accounts or 3.
Old 04-29-2015, 05:49 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

good news and well done to P1999 and DBG staff for reaching this agreement.
having the emu server regularised is a very good thing.

I may even sign up for the "official" progression server now.

Ideal world (for me) would be P1999 staff running a progression server all the way to catch up with live.
This would mean luclin / POP etc advancements, but with GMs running it who give the super level of service and attention to detail that makes P1999 so good a server.

I would def pay for P1999 GM mentality combined with official expansions
Old 04-29-2015, 05:51 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Daybreak (SOE) is releasing a new live EQ time locked progression server in the coming weeks/months. It will require a subscription fee, but will eventually catch up to live EQ.
So what is going to happen with P99? I'm sure daybreak doesn't want something else competing with there "progression" server. Or are they going to be keeping P99 alive and well?
Old 04-29-2015, 05:52 PM
Large Rat

P99 has been good for DBG, lots of free advertising for a game long considered dead. New progression server will no doubt bring back subs for them.

Smeg(I like this typo.. sorry Smed) and co have a good history dealing with emu's like SWGemu. As long as they're run well like swgemu and p99 (not like swg bloodfin) It's good for everyone.
Old 04-29-2015, 05:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutBustr13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So what is going to happen with P99? I'm sure daybreak doesn't want something else competing with there "progression" server. Or are they going to be keeping P99 alive and well?
The first post says...

"As a show of good faith to support the efforts of Daybreak Games, we have decided to reschedule our expansion release as to not conflict with the upcoming new progression server being released in the coming weeks."
Old 04-29-2015, 05:58 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The first post says...

"As a show of good faith to support the efforts of Daybreak Games, we have decided to reschedule our expansion release as to not conflict with the upcoming new progression server being released in the coming weeks."
I understand that velious is being pushed back for p99 as to not interfere with daybreaks progression server release but if they are starting a progression server why even keep P99 around?
Closed Thread