Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will they still be able to complete the quests? or only not be able to equip? Hopefully its both to curb the MQ market further.
i would imagine the npcs will not talk to them until 46? MQs wont work unless the person turning in is at least 46?
Old 08-31-2015, 03:29 PM
Fire Giant

Err I was asking same thing Ele was.
Old 08-31-2015, 03:41 PM
Sarnak

Nice change! Thanks.
Old 08-31-2015, 03:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will the items stay equipped and usable as a weapon until death/unequipping occurs?
should only put level restriction on the quest mobs, deleveling characters with planar gear and epics was classic
Old 08-31-2015, 03:50 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will the items stay equipped and usable as a weapon until death/unequipping occurs?
I think current code renders it as if you didnt have anything equipped, if you dont meet level requirement. I am sure it will be looked at again to make sure it behaves correctly.

H
Old 08-31-2015, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With the next patch, all epics will have a level 46 requirement.

There is inconsistent research regarding which epics required level requirements to obtain. Several couldn't be completed until 46 or higher due to level checks on quests or certain steps involving planar zones. It has been noted by the original developers that epic items were intended only for those of higher levels. Additionally, we feel that acquiring an epic weapon should only be possible when a player has become powerful enough to cross interplanar portals. Therefore, we are adding a level requirement of 46 to equip all epic items.
Not to underscore my appreciation for the project, however isn't a large portion of the intuition on restricting P99 only Classic, Kunark and Velious to avoid mechanics such as req/rec levels on items that came with Luclin and future expansions?

Could we consider restricting the final turn in NPC to only recognize 46+ as opposed to adding a Req level to equip?
Old 08-31-2015, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella`Ella [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not to underscore my appreciation for the project, however isn't a large portion of the intuition on restricting P99 only Classic, Kunark and Velious to avoid mechanics such as req/rec levels on items that came with Luclin and future expansions?

Could we consider restricting the final turn in NPC to only recognize 46+ as opposed to adding a Req level to equip?
I think this would be excellent if coupled with the removal of epic MQ plus the deletion of all existing epics that were obtained below level 46. Let the redites continue their delevelling shenanigans while purging vast quantities of grotesque mudflation from blue.
#wipeitclean2015
Old 08-31-2015, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella`Ella [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

edit: Not a terrible idea coupled with removing the ability to MQ
Old 08-31-2015, 04:31 PM
Aviak

This is awesome. Maybe it will drive some prices up for twink rogues having to get a new weapon ha.
Old 08-31-2015, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

yay, warriors can tank again! is this pending patch?