Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 01:53 PM
Orc

Thumbs down Pet question

Just wanted to know.... If pets do over 50% damage they eat 75% of the exp. Someone said if you group this willnt happen even if pet does over 50% it willnt eat exp. So if two necros pets solo a mob and one caster does atleast 1 dmg the pets eat no exp.
P.s. Sorry for the typing driving down the garden state parkway in the rain and on the Iphone
Old 11-22-2011, 01:55 PM
Fire Giant

actually, if you're in a group, you don't even need to deal 1 point of damage. I can't confirm this with hard proof, but after duoing with a shaman for quite some time without dealing a single point of non-pet dmg to most of the mobs we killed, we were getting a LOT of exp. Far too much to be receiving any sort of penalty.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:31 PM
Banned

If you're not grouped, your pet will steal 50% of the experience if it does more damage than you.

QUOTE THIS FOREVER
Old 11-22-2011, 04:42 PM
Large Rat

Can confirm what other posters are saying. I was in a group with a bard who wasn't even in the same zone as me, and I was not receiving a penalty. The check for whether or not your pet does 50% dmg only happens when ungrouped. Doing 1 point of dmg is unnecessary in the new system.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled_heretic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
actually, if you're in a group, you don't even need to deal 1 point of damage. I can't confirm this with hard proof, but after duoing with a shaman for quite some time without dealing a single point of non-pet dmg to most of the mobs we killed, we were getting a LOT of exp. Far too much to be receiving any sort of penalty.
As I said before in another thread Kanras the dev said the 50% only applies if not grouped via pm to me a week ago.
Old 11-23-2011, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

Why is this penalty even on R99? It wasn't even introduced on P99 until way later, is this some kind of oversight that never got resolved?

I can confirm that soloing as a pet class that relies on pet damage to kill anything (take one wild guess which class fits this profile at low lvls..), every level seems like a hell level right off the bat. I don't even bother trying to solo anymore, it's pointless.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Closed Thread