Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2016, 01:03 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Thank for the guide!

Super awesome dude![You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-26-2017, 02:16 PM
Aviak

Soloing crocs at 19 seems pretty difficult right now.

Please let me know if I'm doing someting wrong. I just hit 19 on my untwinked Ogre Shaman. I have a full set of banded and Beetle Stinger 8dmg/23delay. Per the guide, I finished up in Kurns, bought spells, and headed to oasis to kill blue crocs. Each croc takes about 50% mana and ranges from 25-50% health. I solo by dropping both my disease dots, lvl14 slow, my poison dot then tank the croc. Sometimes I'll nuke it to finish it off.

Am I doing this right?
Old 01-26-2017, 11:39 PM
Orc

I never liked the action at Oasis, so I stayed in Upper Guk from 19 to 26. Camped Squire room till 24 then went and pulled zoneline until 26. That's nice, cause squire dropped the bone fork a few times for me and I got some extra pp, downside of course is that it's lore. Tactic sounds right for any fight imo, you could try root rotting but I didn't find that very enjoyable until 24.
Old 02-02-2017, 01:58 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dookky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never liked the action at Oasis, so I stayed in Upper Guk from 19 to 26. Camped Squire room till 24
I tried this, but my play schedule is pretty sporadic (15 min here, 30 min there), so I didn't like the time it took for me to get to the squire room, break the squire room, run back to zone to camp etc. So I stuck with the crocs for 19-21 because it was very easy to kill 1-2 then camp/afk.

19 and 20 were tough on the crocs in only Banded Armor. By 21 they got very doable, and I bought the one of the +55hp rings which helped. Totally broke now, so I moved onto the Aviaks in Lake Rathe (alternate 22-25ish spot, so I'm a little early). Tried a few pulls and it was markedly more difficult than the crocs at 21. The Aviaks hit harder than crocs, so I'm root rotting which takes 50-60% mana. If I don't get a lot of resists, I think I can manage the spawns and keep them both dead all of the time. I imagine that 22 I'll be able to slow and face tank.
Old 02-04-2017, 10:48 PM
Sarnak

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofaelol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Soloing crocs at 19 seems pretty difficult right now.

Please let me know if I'm doing someting wrong. I just hit 19 on my untwinked Ogre Shaman. I have a full set of banded and Beetle Stinger 8dmg/23delay. Per the guide, I finished up in Kurns, bought spells, and headed to oasis to kill blue crocs. Each croc takes about 50% mana and ranges from 25-50% health. I solo by dropping both my disease dots, lvl14 slow, my poison dot then tank the croc. Sometimes I'll nuke it to finish it off.

Am I doing this right?
You are doing it right. Focus on disease dots drop a low level poison dot and low level slow. Then you face tank it. You can root rot as you get closer to 24 as you mentioned below. The squire room isn't bad advice but is camped alot, I see below you went to Aviaks also not a bad choice and puts you closer to the next area. Keep it up and it gets easier as you go.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-05-2017, 03:25 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofaelol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tried this, but my play schedule is pretty sporadic (15 min here, 30 min there), so I didn't like the time it took for me to get to the squire room, break the squire room, run back to zone to camp etc. So I stuck with the crocs for 19-21 because it was very easy to kill 1-2 then camp/afk.

19 and 20 were tough on the crocs in only Banded Armor. By 21 they got very doable, and I bought the one of the +55hp rings which helped. Totally broke now, so I moved onto the Aviaks in Lake Rathe (alternate 22-25ish spot, so I'm a little early). Tried a few pulls and it was markedly more difficult than the crocs at 21. The Aviaks hit harder than crocs, so I'm root rotting which takes 50-60% mana. If I don't get a lot of resists, I think I can manage the spawns and keep them both dead all of the time. I imagine that 22 I'll be able to slow and face tank.
If you're still in the lake rathe area you could try out the hermit in South Karana while you're there. He's level 20 so might be a bit rough at 21 but by 22 or 23 should definitely be manageable. 2 minute spawn timer and some times drops fine steel stuff to sell. Super relaxed camp - he won't aggro through his little door so you just med up til you're ready to kill again assuming no one else is around.

Also you have to run from a cyclops occasionally... but you have SoW :P
Maamdak Battlebeard - 48 Dwarf Rogue
Crunkasaurus Rex - 49 Ogre Shaman
Mendak - 51 Halfling Druid (Green)

<Paradox> RIP
Old 02-05-2017, 07:02 PM
Banned

As a shaman use your charm spell in your 30s for added style points.

Good duo teams are chanter, druids, clerics, necro and mags.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:05 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're still in the lake rathe area you could try out the hermit in South Karana while you're there. He's level 20 so might be a bit rough at 21 but by 22 or 23 should definitely be manageable. 2 minute spawn timer and some times drops fine steel stuff to sell. Super relaxed camp - he won't aggro through his little door so you just med up til you're ready to kill again assuming no one else is around.

Also you have to run from a cyclops occasionally... but you have SoW :P
Thanks for the tip! I'll try that next time the Aviak Guards are camped.

At 22, the Aviak Guards are manageable, but some of the spawns range between 16-20 (per the wiki) and I can face tank the 16s but have to root rot the 20s. Since they're all dark blue, the only way to tell is how hard they hit when I put my initial dots on.
Old 02-18-2017, 08:07 PM
Large Bat

A lot of this shit is just permacamped on blue.
Old 02-18-2017, 09:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athropos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A lot of this shit is just permacamped on blue.
That's why you need to be charming snakes deep in Paw as a shaman. Sh-t was wide open when I was leveling.
Closed Thread